PO: THE MARS VOLTA - AMPUTECHTURE -RED/GOLD VINYL EDITION- by Music On Vinyl

My Red/Gold just came in.

High number, but she sounds so sweet.

Glad it sounds good.  I don't understand why people get caught up in how high their number is btw.  I'd actually feel more comfortable with a higher number in the pressing run.  One of the issues with these limited production runs is that the stampers don't get broken in enough.  If the plant does it the right way, they run off as many presses as it takes to get the records to pass a quality inspection before starting the actual production run.  Sadly, it seems that some plants are either too lazy or don't care enough to do this.  This is just what I've read, I'm not sure how true it is.

Shipping Next Week - Sum 41 & Mars Volta!

We are getting in gear for two big shipments next week which include Sum 41's "Chuck" and The Mars Volta's "Architecture" reissue. We have only 10 copies of the Sum 41 "Chuck" SRC exclusive variant in Army green! So act fast and grab yours before it sells out:

Sum 41 - Chuck LP

Also available is Sum 41's "Does This Look Infected" LP which is being repressed now and will ship mid July.

Mars Volta's "Architecture" is getting down to only about 200 copies! Once this title is gone it wont be available any more. Get yours now on blue colored vinyl limited to 1,200 copies here:

Glad it sounds good. I don't understand why people get caught up in how high their number is btw. I'd actually feel more comfortable with a higher number in the pressing run. One of the issues with these limited production runs is that the stampers don't get broken in enough. If the plant does it the right way, they run off as many presses as it takes to get the records to pass a quality inspection before starting the actual production run. Sadly, it seems that some plants are either too lazy or don't care enough to do this. This is just what I've read, I'm not sure how true it is.

That sounds true enough, actually, good point.

It doesn't really bother me, to be honest. Was just stating it.

I'm just glad I finally have some The Mars Volta LPs for once. This band is pretty great. I'm still waiting on word for FTM. Also wondering what the variants will be. I'm more than content with this Red/Gold variant.

I'll upload pics if anyone wants to see it.

Shipping Next Week - Sum 41 & Mars Volta!

We are getting in gear for two big shipments next week which include Sum 41's "Chuck" and The Mars Volta's "Architecture" reissue. We have only 10 copies of the Sum 41 "Chuck" SRC exclusive variant in Army green! So act fast and grab yours before it sells out:

Sum 41 - Chuck LP

Also available is Sum 41's "Does This Look Infected" LP which is being repressed now and will ship mid July.

Mars Volta's "Architecture" is getting down to only about 200 copies! Once this title is gone it wont be available any more. Get yours now on blue colored vinyl limited to 1,200 copies here:

Thanks! Not sure why I'm not getting their emails. 

The heading still says "shipping out next week" which is what it said last week.  Pretty sure that should've been changed to "shipping out this week" as today is the release date.  The product page has gone from Pre-order to In Stock, thinking our POed copies should ship either today or tomorrow.

I dont think I will ever buy anything from shopradiocast again. Not offering refunds on pre-orders is stupid, and then when I asked them to ship the records outside the sleeves, they barely wanted to accommodate my order, I dont even know if they actually will. They gave me a half assed reply. This has been a terrible experience and I hope they go out of business.

Man, I remember picking up this album at Sonic Boom records in Seattle the day it came out. Didn't have a car and had to take a bus across town to pick up the vinyl. Have always loved the orange/white dreamsicle design.

But I'm curious to see how this repress looks. Anybody have any pictures they can post?

I thought it was a little weird that they put the numbering, logos, and bar codes on the "front" of the album cover. 

Yeah, this is odd. Not deal breaker as the package is still great...but gives the impression of carelessness. They could be given the benefit of the doubt and assume they did it intentionally, but...why?

Love how it says In Stock on the website right now as well...

I know right?  The company is either understaffed to handle the work or they are taking on too much work for the staff they have available to them.  Or.... they're all jackasses.  Bottom line is that they rarely hit their listed release dates, homeboy that answers customer service emails always has an attitude, and their packing skills are just average.  I'll bet if they didn't have SRC exclusives, they'd be out of business because no one would choose to buy from them if they have a choice to get it from somewhere else.  Oh yeah, and their prices are rarely the best and their shipping rates are redonk.  I didn't intend for that to turn into a bitchfest, it's really just true though.

I just had a talk with my local record store guy. He told me MOV has now deleted all mars volta titles. NO more being sent out. I just hope like hell there's been enough already sent out to SRC to fulfill their pre orders. I imagine they would be shipping by now if they had them on hand. I feel a refund coming on for my deloused and amputechture order.