PO: Jack White - Lazaretto -- "Ultra LP"

i get what you mean...not hating on the mastering but the surface noise affects the sound quality for me and overall experience

I agree. Its too bad when you hear all the surface noise coming through the music. I have read some complaints on the SQ and I'm baffled by them as the SQ is really great, especially on side one, which is dead silent for me.

i really wish they'd make a regular version with no bells and whistles. call it the "audiophile edition" i don't really care. 

The only problem is it's hard to tell if it's the bells and whistles fault that there have been problems. I think it probably has something to do with it, but there are plenty of standard records that have surface noise problems as well.

This album sounds great but my side B is very noisy. Not sure if it's the matte finish, as side B seems to be the problem side with most people that are experiencing problems. who knows?

Seriously though the SQ of the music on this is great.

Just curious, are you referring to the Vault version of the retail version? Both sides of my Vault version are VERY noisy but the retail copy I picked up is super quiet.

Just curious, are you referring to the Vault version of the retail version? Both sides of my Vault version are VERY noisy but the retail copy I picked up is super quiet.

Retail black vinyl. This seems to be a real mixed bag. United QC for the loss, but they did ship 40,000 for release day, so I can't be too hard on them, but still unacceptable.