Gotham (TV series on Fox)

After the Shield debacle i plan to be cautious with super hero based realities that essentially ignore super heroes. I love Batman but i won't let my heart be broken by a missed opportunity. Proceeding cautiously and want it to be awesome.

I'm with you.  I choked down as much of SHIELD as I could and gave up, it fell flat for me completely.

I'll give this a chance, but I'm going in pretty cautiously.  I also have trouble getting into network dramas (they seem like garbage compared to what AMC/FX/HBO are doing), so this show has that stacked against it for me as well.

Juan, joss will have to personally call me and apologize for how started that show to get me to give more time. Totally Spider-Man 3'd me.

I couldn't agree with you more. Shield sucked. The leads sucked. the story sucked and yet somehow I watched them because, marvel, and well im a sucker, but seriously watch the episode before Cap and then the ones after because holy shit, I don't know how (Maybe is was patton oswalt) but they have pulled a decent show out their ass, it's not quite the Marvel show i'd hope for and certainly is no Arrow, but worth watching. 

I don't know if any of you listen to Fatman on Batman but Kevin Smith had Paul Dini (Writer of the 90's Animated Series) and they formulated an idea for a batman TV show last year that took up 2/3rds of the podcast and involved young bruce wayne going to a boarding school and trying to uncover a skulls like organization that had Ra's al Ghul at the head of it and young versions of batman villians. It was pretty epic sounding.

I don't know if any of you listen to Fatman on Batman but Kevin Smith had Paul Dini (Writer of the 90's Animated Series) and they formulated an idea for a batman TV show last year that took up 2/3rds of the podcast and involved young bruce wayne going to a boarding school and trying to uncover a skulls like organization that had Ra's al Ghul at the head of it and young versions of batman villians. It was pretty epic sounding.

Sounds familiar........

Totally off topic but I am excited about this. Captain America is my favorite avengers movie and she was such a great character. The one-shot on the iron man 3 disc is really good. I thought this was supposed to be on Netflix originally.

Totally off topic but I am excited about this. Captain America is my favorite avengers movie and she was such a great character. The one-shot on the iron man 3 disc is really good. I thought this was supposed to be on Netflix originally.

Netflix is doing like 4 or 5 Marvel series. Daredevil, Luke Cage, and a couple more I can't remember off the top of my head. Daredevil should be sick because Drew Goddard is writing and show-running it.

Netflix is doing like 4 or 5 Marvel series. Daredevil, Luke Cage, and a couple more I can't remember off the top of my head. Daredevil should be sick because Drew Goddard is writing and show-running it.

Nice! I'll have to check that out.  It seems Netflix can do no wrong as far as their TV series go.  Both Orange is the New Black and House of Cards are great.  I'm sure these will be great too.

• 4 months later...

I loved this pilot! I think the set design was great, the story moved from scene to scene and overall very well done. I really liked Jada Pinkett in this, I thought she was really good! 

The only thing I thought was bad, was the acting in certain parts by Donal Logue (Bullock) and Mackenzie(Gordon) I feel their lines were forced in some instances. 

I loved seeing Edward Nigma, I can't wait to see more of him!