World Cup 2014 Discussion

can't say that it's a large sample size by any means, but that was the most exciting game i have ever watched. 

simply incredible. watched it while i hiked on my phone... may or may not have unleashed an enormous USAAAAAAA over the valley the second that ball went in.

Goddamn how tight are these Puma jerseys? Big fan of them though

yo i'm a big fan of them ahha those dudes give something to motivate me to get to the gym.

also I watched this in class and my god USA looked like the rangers during the first game of the stanley cup final.  I can't believe that we managed to win!  but yay, i guess.

Ghana definitely outplayed us.

He got some minutes. So, that's something.

I see him play week in, week out for Middlesbrough. Excellent player & over looked sometimes by their national side. 

Very surprised they didn't start him or Kevin Prince. They'll need to step it up in their last 2 games for sure.

Wonder what 'Murica's perception of footy will be after this world cup especially if they get some big names for their new team like lampard & villa. 

What happened to the USA?

They were playing decent possession football in the last year or so, but then we have this terrible display of football today. The team played horribly. They just sat back the whole time. They were very lucky in my opinion. They need to completely change if they have any hopes of going through.

You were wrong a month ago!

_75087655_real_madrid_reuters.jpg

You forgot that beside Ronaldo and Pepe also Ramos, Casillas and Marcelo played shit in their first game ;) Real was very lucky to win the CL (vs. Dortmund & Atletico)...

Nevertheless, what does winning the CL prove? That Ronaldo is not a whining pussy? NOPE! That Pepe is not a jerk? HELL NO!

You forgot that beside Ronaldo and Pepe also Ramos, Casillas and Marcelo played shit in their first game ;) Real was very lucky to win the CL (vs. Dortmund & Atletico)...

Nevertheless, what does winning the CL prove? That Ronaldo is not a whining pussy? NOPE! That Pepe is not a jerk? HELL NO!

It proves that a bunch of spoilt whining jerks can be the best team in Europe.

We can all have prejudices when it comes to players like CR7 and Pepe but not recognizing their merits is something else.

We can all have prejudices when it comes to players like CR7 and Pepe but not recognizing their merits is something else.

I think we're completely talking at cross-purposes...again, how does winning the CL make Ronaldo not a whining pussy and Pepe a jerk? I don't see the connection?!

Sorry but Pepe is a liability and is just lucky you can play anyone next to Ramos.

Also re: Ronaldo in the CL final. He did fuck all, literally could not believe his luck when he got to take a penalty to get on the scoresheet. Still the second best player in the world if you ask me.

I think we're completely talking at cross-purposes...again, how does winning the CL make Ronaldo not a whining pussy and Pepe a jerk? I don't see the connection?!

I said that a BUNCH of jerks and pussies can win the CL, implying that I do believe that they REALLY  are pussies and jerks but still, this should be just an afterthought since they are (with different levels of appreciation) some of the best players around.