Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

Been listening to Third Law a bit in the past 2 weeks or so. Definitely feels familiar, but overall just a well-conceptualized release and one of Tri Angle's better ones in my opinion.

Not gonna lie, I thought I was listening to By the Throat for a little when driving the other day.

Been listening to Third Law a bit in the past 2 weeks or so. Definitely feels familiar, but overall just a well-conceptualized release and one of Tri Angle's better ones in my opinion.

Not gonna lie, I thought I was listening to By the Throat for a little when driving the other day.

I love BTT. I may need to give that a whirl.

In my opinion, By The Throat is the better album, without a doubt, but Third Law enters the same void of harsh noise symphonies and devastating bleakness that BTT conjures so effortlessly. Definitely a solid and recommended listen for those keen on what Ben Frost has been going for.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Mine should be arriving in the next couple! How's it sound?

it sounds flawless. i was so worried after hearing bad things about the first press. i'm assuming this is a reissue, because no issues here. can't believe it's here. he didn't even announce it, i stumbled upon normally priced copies on eBay and then checked his webstore and it was in stock again.

Fuck, where can I get this...?

right here! http://dustinohalloran.shopfirebrand.com/offer/lumiere-vinyl/

Just sat down with the recent repress of Max Richter's Songs From Before. I have to say I love the way Deutsche Grammophon handles the reissue game with these. High Quality 180g black vinyl, simple, but beautiful updated artwork, that's it. Sans bullshit, sans problems.

Another one that's doing it for me right now is Cascadia by Madeleine Cocolas. Check it.

This is an excellent album, Seafinch. Thanks loads for the heads up on the LP. 

It isn't technically classical/ambient but the new EP by Mikael Seifu on RVNG International is so so so good. Ambient / Electronic music with shades of Burial and a healthy dose of Ethiopian stylings

http://igetrvng.com/shop/rvngnl34/

An thank you for this'n, stretts. Absolutely aweome album from an artist I've never heard of before. Diving in head first. Cheers!