Victory Records vinyl exclusive to Hot Topic (updated 11/4)

Yeah, that's a Victory thing, not a Hot Topic thing. My clear gold copy of this came the same way haha

I love when HT gets blamed for stuff like this. Like they have anything to do with the records other than ordering them at price X and charging price 2X.

Yeah, Hot Topic doesn't really have input on anything that has to do with actually pressing the record, save for maybe requesting their own special variant color or something.  Even then, I think they just take whatever the label throws their way.  But yeah, Victory is notorious for their cheap ways, just like how it kinda seems like the records they press are extremely crappy quality.  The one thing you can respect about Victory, though, is that they still haven't started to price gouge--- I think that's going to begin to be a positive quality of even the crappiest labels around.

As in the insert that would in the cd case? Because that's goofy as shit, I got the Buried Alive RSD repress and it had the actual insert.

this isn't THAT uncommon. Older indie labels did this from time to time to cut costs. I have an OG press of 'Control' by Pedro the Lion that comes with the CD insert and I think a Promise Ring record that has this; Very Emergency maybe? Not as cool as a new full sized one, but I feel its nice to have that rather than nothing at all. I always get bummed when there is no insert at all