No Devotion (ex-Thursday & ex-Lostprophets) 12" Single

The nostalgia factor plays a big part in the way I would rank Thursday's albums. I like all of them though, and do thoroughly enjoy the way they progressed. I also like this new project quite a bit, although I admittedly would have probably been stoked for a more obvious blend of the lostprophets sound with Geoff's vocals.

From everything I know of Geoff, he's just an absolutely brilliant guy, especially when it comes to music. He really knows his shit. I can't imagine where Thursday would have gone after No Devolucion, but I know it would have been amazing.

Full Collapse is really overrated. They really expanded their sound and atmosphere after that record. 

Of course, they expanded their sound afterwards and still put out great records; yet, Full Collapse is everything but overrated.

On topic: "Stay" is incredibly catchy. I really like it.

:rolleyes:

I can't imagine someone thinking that who wasn't either too old, or too young to appreciate it when it came out.

Completely agree with this. I should give No Devolution some more spins though

I don't mind the synth-pop No Devotion is bringing but I don't think I'll be backing it.

Why is this a 12"? Make it a 7 and half the price

:rolleyes:

I can't imagine someone thinking that who wasn't either too old, or too young to appreciate it when it came out.

I didn't listen to or even hear of then until 08 or 09 so...hahah

I respect that it was a game changing record for the scene but I think they just bettered it throughout their career, and that nostalgia still keeps people hailing it as their best even when I think it really isn't close.

I didn't listen to or even hear of then until 08 or 09 so...hahah

I respect that it was a game changing record for the scene but I think they just bettered it throughout their career, and that nostalgia still keeps people hailing it as their best even when I think it really isn't close.

Still think you'd feel differently about it had you heard it when it came out. How did you not hear that record for so long?!