Need positive thoughts sent my way please

So sorry to hear that, man.  I lost my dad to cancer 13 years ago and it still tears me apart.  I was a senior in high school when he got diagnosed with kidney cancer.  Same type of deal, where he was uncomfortable, then noticed blood in his urine.  It spread like wildfire to his lungs and brain, and the morning after my last final of my freshman fall semester, he died.  Four days before Christmas.  It still can stop me dead in my tracks when I think about it today.  

Best wishes your way with your family, and I hope things work out.  Most of all, I hope your family is together throughout all of it.  

Thanks to every one of you that has responded with their kind words. They pushed back the lung biopsy until tomorrow and then once they do that, they told us that they'll know exactly what it is on Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. We asked if going in there and removing anything would be an option and they said by looking at all the xrays and scans and stuff that they don't believe that would be an option. They believe that it started in the lung and there's a tumor there that has wrapped around the blood vessels and spread to her spine. There's also a spot on her liver. Won't know anything for sure until they get the tissue sample so for now we are just playing the waiting game.

extra thanks to victim for posting the bulldog pics.

Brock - miracles exist but the one you can control is surrounding her with the love of family. It goes a million miles be it seeing someone through their final days or through an incredible recovery. Give her your time and love and you'll have no regrets no matter what happens. It sounds like you're already there so keep doing what you're doing. 

From my end you all are in my thoughts. 

My deepest condolences man. My Grandma and Mom both survived cancer (Breast and Ovarian) but it scared me to my core. Like everyone else said, keeping her in positive spirits will help the best. My thoughts and good vibes will be headed your way. Every moment is precious.

Maybe its weird to be posting this in a public forum but I feel like I've met some great people and formed some great online relationships with some of you and this feels like a good outlet for me to tell people.

About 2 months ago, my mom hurt her back. She was bending down picking something up and thought she had pulled a muscle or something. She wasn't in a lot of pain, she just described it as an uncomfortable feeling. She ended up going to the doctor and they gave her muscle relaxers and minor pain meds. Then she went to the chiropractor and started doing some physical therapy but it didn't seem to help and she kept having the same feeling. For the last week, the pain intensified out of nowhere to the point where she couldn't even stand. She was scheduled to get an MRI today but yesterday she woke up and it was at the worst she's felt so my Dad took her to the ER.

Fast forward to last night after spending the entire day getting all kind of scans and tests done, we recieved the news that she has lung cancer and it spread to her liver and into her back and spine. They found tumors around her spine that were basically slowly crushing the bone. The doctors told my family that they wish they could say to look at the glass half full but it wouldn't be fair to us to tell us that. At some point today, they're going to be going down her throat into her lungs to get a tissue sample to find out exactly what it is and see what the next step would be and possibly get a time table.

This is by far the scariest thing I have ever dealt with. I've never had to deal with death at an age where I could actually comprehend what was going on. Any other family has passed away all before I was 10 years old. I'm obviously having a very hard time dealing with this so any advice I can receive, I will take. I'm not a religious man so I won't ask for your prayers but any positive thoughts/vibes sent my way, I will appreciate it.

I'm so sorry, Brock. I'm directing some positive vibes your way right now, man. I hope they make their way to you like a laser from a cyborg unicorn.  

Thanks my man. Appreciate it!

If it makes you feel any better at all, my dad had some pretty bad cancer back when I was a young guy, they didn't think he was going to make it through it and he did. All you can do is keep up the good fight sometimes, but sometimes that's enough.

If it makes you feel any better at all, my dad had some pretty bad cancer back when I was a young guy, they didn't think he was going to make it through it and he did. All you can do is keep up the good fight sometimes, but sometimes that's enough.

Completely agree with this. My uncle had stage 4 throat cancer a few years ago & he's still here. It's absolutely possible to overcome the bane that is cancer.