Need positive thoughts sent my way please

Maybe its weird to be posting this in a public forum but I feel like I've met some great people and formed some great online relationships with some of you and this feels like a good outlet for me to tell people.

About 2 months ago, my mom hurt her back. She was bending down picking something up and thought she had pulled a muscle or something. She wasn't in a lot of pain, she just described it as an uncomfortable feeling. She ended up going to the doctor and they gave her muscle relaxers and minor pain meds. Then she went to the chiropractor and started doing some physical therapy but it didn't seem to help and she kept having the same feeling. For the last week, the pain intensified out of nowhere to the point where she couldn't even stand. She was scheduled to get an MRI today but yesterday she woke up and it was at the worst she's felt so my Dad took her to the ER.

Fast forward to last night after spending the entire day getting all kind of scans and tests done, we recieved the news that she has lung cancer and it spread to her liver and into her back and spine. They found tumors around her spine that were basically slowly crushing the bone. The doctors told my family that they wish they could say to look at the glass half full but it wouldn't be fair to us to tell us that. At some point today, they're going to be going down her throat into her lungs to get a tissue sample to find out exactly what it is and see what the next step would be and possibly get a time table.

This is by far the scariest thing I have ever dealt with. I've never had to deal with death at an age where I could actually comprehend what was going on. Any other family has passed away all before I was 10 years old. I'm obviously having a very hard time dealing with this so any advice I can receive, I will take. I'm not a religious man so I won't ask for your prayers but any positive thoughts/vibes sent my way, I will appreciate it.

Will be sending positivity your way, brother.

Wow, that's a really rough thing Brock.  I'm so sorry to hear that.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I wish you and your family the absolute best!!

Thanks guys, means a lot to me.

We don't really know each other but I want you to know this entire forum will surely be sending positive hopes your way. This is a terrible situation. Try to spend as much time with your mother as possible. Show her how much you love her. That's the most positive help she could receive.

Good luck man... wishing you guys the best possible outcome in this shitty time.

Thanks man

We don't really know each other but I want you to know this entire forum will surely be sending positive hopes your way. This is a terrible situation. Try to spend as much time with your mother as possible. Show her how much you love her. That's the most positive help she could receive.

Thanks a lot. Definitely am and will be doing that.

Going through similar at the moment myself and there isn't any advice I can give that will help. We've been told that my mums cancer is incurable but she's still hanging in there. She's suffering from the chemo and is very ill every week however all you can do is keep her spirits up and don't let this be how you remember her.

Take weekends away together, go out for meals and do stuff that takes her mind off it. You ned to be able to look back with positive memories right until the very end.

You'd be surprised as well how much positive energy from yourself and the rest of the family can help with her health too. Doctors don't know everything and just keeping her spirits up can change everything with no explanation. 

Hope you're alright mate and just try and keep her laughing.

About 3 years ago, my dad died of a heart attack in the shower on the way to come visit me from out of town. To this day, the hardest thing for me to get over is that i never got a chance to make peace and say goodbye before the end. 

I am sending nothing but positive thoughts your way. The only advice i can give is cherish this upcoming time period and make sure to focus on specific lithe moments an victories. It may not seem important now, but trust me when I say it will do wonders for your peace of mind down the road.

I don't know you but i already love you. 

Hey Man I'm so sorry to hear your going through this. Sending all the good thoughts your way. My good friend's mom has cancer and is most likely dying pretty soon, It's been sobering to watch someone my age lose a parent and I can imagine even the thought must be difficult to bear. The cancer is in the doctors hands, but I really hope you get to spend some good quality time with her regardless of the outcome. It sounds like you have a strong family and while I'm sure this is crushingly difficult I can only hope there will be some small moments of joy. As bad this is you will likely get some time with her, years and years hopefully. Wishing you the best. If there's anything you need let the board now, solid guys and gals on here, best community I've ever encountered on the internet, there are a million sweet people for every one zay zay.

Sincerely,

Some internet stranger on a message board that shares an interest in vinyl