The puns are the only reason I keep coming back. Your loss.

Cross-post from the "Fuckin' USPS..." thread, but: I ordered a copy of the Banquet variant for LCW about a month ago.  I'm not a fan of splits, but I think the color scheme works a lot better than the Newbury edition.  Already have a standard black copy of the repress, but felt compelled to track down a colored variant.  (This was way before the Christmas colorway had surfaced.)  It arrived today, and I realized the record was dead before my heart even sank.

eAXHV76.png

Being able to read the jacket before opening the mailer is never a good sign, and the curvature of the packaging wasn't exactly reassuring me.  Upon opening the parcel, I discovered some truly bizarre transit damage.  The entire thing is drenched; there's condensation under the shrink wrap, the corners are malleable (on top of already being bent), and I'm pretty sure I'm well on the way to a fungal infection on side C.

xD0qXYJ.png

Took the records out and discovered that the moist paper sleeves have basically deteriorated into the grooves.  Really nice looking variant, but completely unplayable at this point.

oEDYVkU.png

At least the jacket is fun to play with.

I was waiting a month for this to show up.

It is the first drenched record I've ever received in the mail.

I paid $60 PPD to get a colored copy of a record I already own... which is now unplayable.

Sad Soggy Sucker.  All around.

[edit]

The Lonesome Crowded Wet.

Goddammit.

Thanks.  I should mention that the seller is a champ and had zero problem issuing a prompt refund.  Neither of us had seen that kind of damage before, but he was quick to acknowledge that it wasn't my fault.  (A refreshing change from "Well, you didn't pay for the prioritized insured shipping, so my hands are tied.")

wow that is terrible. you are super lucky that the seller is really understanding and gave your money back. good on him! 

Truly.  I'd leave him 10 instances of positive feedback if I could.  It was resolved so quickly that I'm not even really irritated or disappointed.  It sucks that I'll have to prowl for another copy, but all things considered I couldn't have asked for a better solution.

Damn, that's gnarly. I forgot about that color and would be fucking pissed if I paid that much and it came like it. Awesome the seller is being standup about it.

Wow Derek, I think that's one of the worst damaged records I've ever seen. Glad you got it sorted out without a hassle.

Damn, that's gnarly. I forgot about that color and would be fucking pissed if I paid that much and it came like it. Awesome the seller is being standup about it.

Yeah, this is up there for the worst transit damage I've ever seen.  But shit happens.  The seller was grateful that I took detailed photos - before and after opening the mailer - and it sounds like he'll have a bone to pick with the post office.  I wish him the best of luck.

I haven't spent $50+ PPD on a single record in a while.  The A:B side has one of the nicest deep-sea blue / green tints I've seen on a record.  Such a tease considering the condition it's in.  I know colors are such a trivial thing, but it is indeed a little heart breaking.  I'm sure I'll live though.

Yeah, this is up there for the worst transit damage I've ever seen. But shit happens. The seller was grateful that I took detailed photos - before and after opening the mailer - and it sounds like he'll have a bone to pick with the post office. I wish him the best of luck.

I haven't spent $50+ PPD on a single record in a while. The A:B side has one of the nicest deep-sea blue / green tints I've seen on a record. Such a tease considering the condition it's in. I know colors are such a trivial thing, but it is indeed a little heart breaking. I'm sure I'll live though.

If the vinyl isn't damaged other than the paper on the record it seems like you should be able to clean it up and resleeve it with a little effort. Certainly worth a shot. I wouldn't toss them.

I honestly like that red/green variant now that I see it matches the sleeves haha.

It is cool that they match the sleeves, but it's still such a random color combo in my eyes.  Not one I associate with the album's sound or album art, but oh well.  If that is indeed what the Gohastings variant is, I'll be keeping it either way.  It'll be a festive listen.  Family huddled together for the holidays; chestnuts roasting on an open fire; Shit Luck blared at obscene volumes.  What more could you ask for?

If the vinyl isn't damaged other than the paper on the record it seems like you should be able to clean it up and resleeve it with a little effort. Certainly worth a shot. I wouldn't toss them.

Yeah, I don't foresee myself throwing them away, if the seller is okay with me keeping them.  I just didn't want to risk fucking them up further if I opted to clean them up, just in case the seller wants them unplayed (for whatever reason).  The jacket is absolutely trashed, but I bet I could swap it out for a cheap copy if the LPs can be saved.

That's the clear MOV reissue. I think it was in the other thread. Maybe not this one.

Either way it's /500 and going to be difficult to find. Good luck.

Basically, yeah.  It popped up here, yesterday, and I think it sold out before the day concluded.

Are they not planning to have a follow up standard black unlimited press for this like they usually do?

Discogs says that MOV did a black 180g press back in 2010 for M&A. Can still be found here for example for just under $35 shipped to the US:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/the-moon-antarctica-10th-anniversary-edition-remastered/487201-01/

The translucent listing on MOV's site is MOV203 for the catalog number, which is the same as the 2010 version so it seems to be just a RP in a different color, as the catalog numbers for MOV are now in the 1XXX range I believe. But yeah, anyone wanting it for sake of it being an MOV release, go nuts!

Got my Hastings order, red and green...

J7W4vjn.jpg

Eh, like Shelby said, they match the sleeves which is cool. This one will be my go to copy that I will wear out and listen to every day.