Definitely. With all of the imagery in Isaac's lyrics, it wouldn't be hard to find a color and throw a gimmicky name at it, like what people were talking about before. Paper plate white, brain burger pink, etc.

Translucent Orange Julius for me. I also would've preferred clear, like you suggested. How many variants do you own of this one, Bronch?

This is my second next to the Newbury version. I'm not much of a variant collector unless it's an album that I will listen to constantly like this one. I'm sure some of you know how it is. I never thought of orange but that would be really amazing. Probably my favorite vinyl color next to clear.

This is my second next to the Newbury version. I'm not much of a variant collector unless it's an album that I will listen to constantly like this one. I'm sure some of you know how it is. I never thought of orange but that would be really amazing. Probably my favorite vinyl color next to clear.

I know exactly how it goes.  I've leaned away from variant collecting - especially with newer releases that feature 6+ colorways - but I see no problem double-dipping when it comes to the classics.

Got this on black for under $25 shipped. Listening now and I am so stoked to hear Shit Luck.

Although I always forget how much Teeth Like God's Shoeshine owns.

Or you can add it up and give a shit, give a shit.

So good indeed.  I remember playing the album for the first time - without paying attention to the track titles or run times - and thinking that Shoeshine was actually 2 or 3 really great tracks, back to back (to back).

Teeth Like God's Shoeshine is the track I play to every person who only knows them for Float On. I think a lot of my friends hate me for being such a Modest Mouse evangelist and talking so highly of them.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a used copy of The Fruit That Ate Itself on K from one of my local shops. I saw there was an insert inside and then come to find there wasn't supposed to be an insert? Well this insert actually turned out to be a an old poster for Long Drive 1996 Tour and it has the Up logo in the bottom corner. Does anyone have any information on this? I was thinking about getting it framed despite it being in somewhat worn shape.

photo_2.jpg

I just bought a used copy of The Fruit That Ate Itself on K from one of my local shops. I saw there was an insert inside and then come to find there wasn't supposed to be an insert? Well this insert actually turned out to be a an old poster for Long Drive 1996 Tour and it has the Up logo in the bottom corner. Does anyone have any information on this? I was thinking about getting it framed despite it being in somewhat worn shape.

photo_2.jpg

Daaaaamn. If that's an original it's probably worth a pretty penny.

photo_2.jpg

That's awesome.

• 2 months later...

Newbury just put up some more of their Long Drive variant if you missed it. But they want $45.99 for it

https://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=103&upc=103-2044662N

I saw these in store back in March (fucking MARCH -- to clarify, this upset me because they marked up their own product less than 6 months after release) and didn't even consider paying the $45.99 they are still asking. It's my favorite MM album and I'd love that colored variant, but not at $45. Nope. Uh-uh.

The Moon & Antarctica, but I really do like Good News, contrary to most of the board.

That's okay. It's probably one of my least favorites, but there are some great tracks for sure! I do love TM&A. :) Glad that I was a part of the world that helped to sway a person to try out and love MM. I'm not claiming to have done anything, but it's always good to see them get new fans.