Taylor Swift - 1989 & More Discussion

jhulud

I actualy kind of bums me out to listen to Fearless, and then the single. There was so much musicianship on Fearless. In this song she actually says "Hella good hair." I mean I know if follows the 1989 theme. I dunno. I'll wait to hear the rest of the record because WANEGBT didn't speak for Red.

If you are listening to her debut singles for a new album for her display of musicianship, then you are doing it all wrong. Yes back before she was the major draw she is now her singles offered more content but now it needs to garner radio play, which this will.

As it has been said before, the full album will (hopefully) offer a lot more. I for one love the single!

I listened to "Shake It Off" again this morning to follow up from letting it perculate if you will since last night. I like it more. It's a fun and poppy song. The video lends itself perfectly to the lyrics being all tongue-in-cheek and self depricating which I was obviously what Swift is going for.

He's in Odd Future (Tyler The Creator's crew)... I actually like his music, but disagree with what he's saying.

I also re-listened to the single this morning and don't hate it as much as before.  I'm okay with it being overly poppy and catchy (I actually really like the instrumentals/horns/etc), based on the WANGBT theory.  I definitely wasn't on board with that song, but Red as a whole made up for it.  My main issue is the crappy/lazy lyricism.  The idea/theme of the song is fine, but the whole "haters" and "players" garbage and that awful spoken/rap/cheer bridge are really really bad and ultimately still ruin the song for me.  

Ah OK. Thanks.

What I find amusing about his comments is that he admits right out of the gate that he hasn't watched the video. Sooooooo...how can you make an informed and accusatory opinion if you haven't watched the video and studied its content?

And I don't know nor care how old Sweatshirt is, but anyone who was aware in the late 80's knows fully well that plenty of people and girls dressed as such portrayed in the video and acted that way as well. Even the Midwest mallrat girls dressed like that. I remember all that shit from back then.

Ah OK. Thanks.

What I find amusing about his comments is that he admits right out of the gate that he hasn't watched the video. Sooooooo...how can you make an informed and accusatory opinion if you haven't watched the video and studied its content?

And I don't know nore care how old Sweatshirt is, but anyone who was aware in the late 80's knows fully well that plenty of people and girls dressed as such portrayed in the video and acted that was as well. Even the Midwest mallrat girls dressed like that. I remember all that shit from back then.

Ahhh the 80's...best 2 years of my life! haha

Love Earl, didn't see that that quote was from him. Pretty disappointing. Saying "I haven't watched the video" is saying "Disregard everything I say after this." 

Workpermits, I said right afterward that I WASN'T judging the album based on the single, because if I had done that with WANEGBT I would have never bought Red... 3 times :)

If you are listening to her debut singles for a new album for her display of musicianship, then you are doing it all wrong. Yes back before she was the major draw she is now her singles offered more content but now it needs to garner radio play, which this will.

As it has been said before, the full album will (hopefully) offer a lot more. I for one love the single!

Didnt she say this was going to be a straight pop album already?

Didnt she say this was going to be a straight pop album already?

She did. And somewhere on the interwebz, some have been saying that there are no ballads per se in the album at all. 

As usual with any first singles released, they generally may not be wholly representative of the album itself. We shall see once more singles start coming out and then the album itself is released.