Run the Jewels - RTJ2, on Mass Appeal records (out oct 28th)

This is in stores already? Come on Fat Beats.

Saw a retweet from Mass Appeal earlier saying they're allowing stores to go ahead and sell copies.  Called all the stores in my area and found one that had copies.  Not sure if all stores will have teal copies, or if there are black variants available.

Anyone receive a shipping confirmation from Daylight Curfew?

Have not received anything yet (ordered super deluxe version, no bundle). 

As far as the album goes -- I like it a lot. Not quite as good as the first one, as some of the slower, atmospheric songs with long choruses that just drag on, seem out of place on here. RTJ are at their best doing headbanger type songs. 

The beat for Close Your Eyes gets my SO FUCKING AMPED every time though. 

Have not received anything yet (ordered super deluxe version, no bundle). 

As far as the album goes -- I like it a lot. Not quite as good as the first one, as some of the slower, atmospheric songs with long choruses that just drag on, seem out of place on here. RTJ are at their best doing headbanger type songs. 

The beat for Close Your Eyes gets my SO FUCKING AMPED every time though. 

I need to let it sit with me a little longer before I determine if I prefer it to the debut, but I absolutely love the atmospheric songs. Angel Duster is one of my favorite tracks, and a perfect way to end the album. Do you enjoy the atmospheric songs at all, or just feel they don't fit the flow of the album?

The chorus on "Love Again" is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

there appears to be 2 versions of this song, with and without a verse by Gangsta Boo. She's not on the download I got, nor the 2xLP, but she is on the Spotify version and the 4xLP according to Discogs. If you haven't heard her verse, it's even more ridiculous. I'm disappointed it's not on the regular vinyl.

there appears to be 2 versions of this song, with and without a verse by Gangsta Boo. She's not on the download I got, nor the 2xLP, but she is on the Spotify version and the 4xLP according to Discogs. If you haven't heard her verse, it's even more ridiculous. I'm disappointed it's not on the regular vinyl.

Gangsta Boo's verse isn't on the standard teal LP? That kinda bums me out.

I think this is easily better than the first RTJ though, and I loooooove that album so that's really saying something. They blew this one of the water.

Eh, this album has it's strengths and weaknesses just like the first.

Last year I gave RTJ a 4.25 and #10 on my top ten.

This is sitting at about just a 4 right now.

The three songs Oh My, Blockbuster and Close your Eyes is one of the best trio of songs in a row I've heard in a while though.