Your Favorite Bands That Have Disbanded/Hiatus

Whether it be the band that never got the recognition they deserved and as a result had to move on. The band that had a long career and decided to call it quits. Or for any other reason, we all have those bands we wish could come back. Two I can think of off the top of my head:

Keep Me Conscious:

A band from Massachusetts my friend and I found, where this song above was playing during a montage for the web series Happy Tree Friends (which is one of the most disturbing things I have watched). But anyway, they released three EP's before calling it quits. They were never signed, and don't think they even toured outside of the northeast.  But they only wrote about 15 songs, and had a full length under the name Cherry S/T.  But definitely give these guys a chance.

Recommended Tracks: Thicker Than Blood, See You at the Bridge, Cars Collided, Pieces.

Common Crooks/In Oceans:

An old friend exposed me to these guys. They had just released their Earthwalker EP when I listened, and I had it on repeat for weeks. They changed their name to Common Crooks a couple months later (perhaps to not be associated with the Agraceful song, but who knows). They were never signed either. Released the five song EP as In Oceans, and another five songs separately as singles under the new name Common Crooks. The last two songs they released are not as solid as their other songs, maybe having to do with one of their singers leaving, but they are still very good. These guys are the jam, would do anything to bring them back.

Recommended Tracks: Shallow Lungs, Straight Laced Syntax, Moon Teeth, Blue Champagne.

Now what about everyone else? What band(s) do you wish would come back?

Bear vs Shark

RIP

Wow. That was quick. RIP indeed. Dudes were from the next town over where I live.

The Blood Brothers (doing a few shows and quitting again)

Endeavors (Local MI band with an ep and a full length endeavorsmi.bandcamp.com )

Brothers (First local band I ever heard brothers.bandcamp.com )

Glassjaw (Do they count?)

The Spill Canvas

The Format (Cmon. They're so much better than fun.)

Thrice

Former Thieves.

Curl Up and Die. I was supposed to see them play a show with Bear vs Shark back in like 04 and it got cancelled. Ended up never seeing either band. HORSE the Band were also going to be on the show, but I ended up seeing them eventually. CUAD actually said they were doing reunion stuff but that was like 4 years ago and nothing ever came of it so I think they were just fucking with people.

My Heart to Joy (At the Same Tone). Half of them ended up in TWIABP, who I like more, but I'm glad I got to see MHTJ a few times. Seasons in Verse was such a good album and even their screamo jams were dope.

My Heart to Joy (At the Same Tone). Half of them ended up in TWIABP, who I like more, but I'm glad I got to see MHTJ a few times. Seasons in Verse was such a good album and even their screamo jams were dope.

Love MHTJ. Seasons In Verse was one of the first records I bought when I started collecting.