What's your White Whale record?

Meshuggah's first EP from 1989 comes to mind

Hospital People 7'' (side project of Al Sparhawk and Zak Sally from Low) Never seen a copy for sale on the webz.

Is this the Hospital People 7"?  Didn't know about this, so I'd like to pick it up some day.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=565063&ev=rb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My white whale is White Stag by Mount Eerie.

Probably the only CD I'd spend an exorbitant amount of money on.

Now's your chance to spend an exorbitant amount of money on it http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Stag-by-Mount-Eerie/321170080584?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D69406255834518625%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D290950553056%26

My previous white whale that I never thought I would get is Thursday - Doves Fan Club 10" which was limited to 250 and I got Geoff Rickly to sign it at his acoustic show along side my first pressing of War All The Time and my United Nations 7".

My current white whale is Tell Em Steve-Dave's Vinylcast album

Judybats - "Native Son"

I may have actually seen this for sale, back in the day, behind the counter at Waxi-Maxis. But my memory might be cloudy, and it may have been just an album flat on the wall. The "Southern Bells" CD single states it was available on "LP, Cassette, and Compact Disc."

I have yet to see one up close, and I might be just chasing a ghost :P

• 1 month later...

Got this in the mail this week after a good 3 year search.  Paid more than I'd like to have, but the hunt is over.  Now I just need the gold Disruption 7" in the yellow sleeve and a couple easy LP variants and my Kasher collection will be complete.

IMG_20130824_205247_zps64bd8e5f.jpg

Good stuff. This is a great record to own. I am missing the black version of this myself. I actually got the White version of this shipped from Germany for $25 back in 2009. Surprisingly the most I have ever paid for a Cursive related item is 55.00 for Such Starving Eyes. I am a couple of Commander Venus releases and the German releases of Tim Kasher's albums from finishing my Kasher collection. I celebrate this guys entire catalog...

At this point, I've been trying to find the last few christian punk 7" I need that would fill out a collection of things that were important to me when I was younger.  The Havoc - Who's Gonna Die, The Remnants - Nobody Home, The Hanover Saints - The Last Stand, and One-21 - JxIxSx.  The first three pop up here and there, but that One-21 record is truly a white whale for me.

Also, The New Frontiers - Mending is proving to turn into something that haunts my dreams, haha.

..... Thats an epic white whale

Anymore info on it...... Might be worth while posting something so people have it in the think tank

My band was called (creatively) The Atticus Hicks Band. One of the covers (the one that went to Wuxtry) was a painting of an old Polaroid I found of my great grandfather sitting in a rocking chair with my dad on his knee when he was really little. The back was just the band name typed on an old typewriter. No track list. Pretty sure this one sold just because I look through almost every 7" every time I'm in the shop (the selection is enormous).

The one that went to School Kids records was a painting of a bird sitting in a cage with the door open. Same backside as the other. I don't know what the fate of this one was. They didn't have a huge selection of 7"s so I slipped it in with the LPs. The shop is closed now so no hope with that avenue.

Both were in a poly bag. Obviously no barcodes or anything. The paintings are incredible.

Seriously if anyone comes across either of these there would be a pretty hefty finders fee.

Good stuff. This is a great record to own. I am missing the black version of this myself. I actually got the White version of this shipped from Germany for $25 back in 2009. Surprisingly the most I have ever paid for a Cursive related item is 55.00 for Such Starving Eyes. I am a couple of Commander Venus releases and the German releases of Tim Kasher's albums from finishing my Kasher collection. I celebrate this guys entire catalog...

Weird, that's about when I got the black version from Germany for about the same price.  It was off some sketchy distro site called CDandLP, something like that.  I dropped a hundred on this one, so that hurts, and $65 for the gold version of Disruption with the white sleeve.  I don't have any Commander Venus stuff, but I never really liked that band.  I need to take an updated photo of all my Kasher stuff.

In addition to my most recent post, I recently purchased one of these white whale 7 inches on ebay.  The Officer Negative Self Titled 7".  I was pretty excited, got it for only $10.  AND OF COURSE it hasn't showed up for two weeks.  The tracking number shows it was delivered to the post office, but no information from there.  Contacted the seller and he refunded me my money and said he only ever saw that one time, and it ended up meaning the post office just lost the record.  I've never had any problems with shipping, never had a record lost in the mail.  OF COURSE IT HAD TO BE THIS ONE. 

Ugh.