PO: Clerks OST

B/c that was the exact cover for the CD soundtrack. But I agree, they could have been a little creative ala Mondo, etc with a unique cover. But big labels seldom care that much.

It's not that labels dont care its just that not everyone has a bunch of amazing artists like Mondo to create new and unique layouts for releases. I love what Mondo does but that just isnt how most labels operate. Saying some labels dont care that much cause they are using the same art that's on the CD makes no sense at all.

It's not that labels dont care its just that not everyone has a bunch of amazing artists like Mondo to create new and unique layouts for releases. I love what Mondo does but that just isnt how most labels operate. Saying some labels dont care that much cause they are using the same art that's on the CD makes no sense at all.

If you're charging $31 you can hire someone

As someone who is involved the production of vinyl releases I can understand how you'd take offense to that, but I would only change my statement to say ok maybe not that they don't care, but it is a little lazy. I mean, look at that cover, it's horrible. It was horrible when they used it for the CD the first time around. A screen cap from the movie would even be better. Just a screen cap of the quik stop or something. Superimpose the logo over the screen cap. With blu-rays around capable of taking high quality screen caps, even that could be decent as jacket art. 

But some labels don't even bother doing anything to the art, even going as easy as just blowing up a CD booklet (which it seems like Music On Vinyl does sometimes) which looks kinda bad. I just feel like if you're going to bother to release something, put a little extra effort into it and it will show in the final product and entice customers--especially if you have the guts to charge as much as some do for these soundtracks, like T2, Garden State and others that have had crazy inflated prices. I may not be an artist, but hell, I could do what I described above. Some label should hire me...hehe.

As someone who is involved the production of vinyl releases I can understand how you'd take offense to that, but I would only change my statement to say ok maybe not that they don't care, but it is a little lazy. I mean, look at that cover, it's horrible. It was horrible when they used it for the CD the first time around. A screen cap from the movie would even be better. Just a screen cap of the quik stop or something. Superimpose the logo over the screen cap. With blu-rays around capable of taking high quality screen caps, even that could be decent as jacket art. 

But some labels don't even bother doing anything to the art, even going as easy as just blowing up a CD booklet (which it seems like Music On Vinyl does sometimes) which looks kinda bad. I just feel like if you're going to bother to release something, put a little extra effort into it and it will show in the final product and entice customers--especially if you have the guts to charge as much as some do for these soundtracks, like T2, Garden State and others that have had crazy inflated prices. I may not be an artist, but hell, I could do what I described above. Some label should hire me...hehe.

I'm not offended at all, it's just not always a possibility to come up with a new layout when a title is licensed to press on vinyl. I agree that cover is ugly but I dont blame SRC for that. I have no idea what went into licensing this specific release but a lot of times I know you have to get approval from the orignal label or studio to change something like the cover. That's really all I was saying.

I'm not offended at all, it's just not always a possibility to come up with a new layout when a title is licensed to press on vinyl. I agree that cover is ugly but I dont blame SRC for that. I have no idea what went into licensing this specific release but a lot of times I know you have to get approval from the orignal label or studio to change something like the cover. That's really all I was saying.

And then they have to spend the money to hire an artist, go through the concepting phase, and approve and print new artwork. Is that worth it to the label for a job like this? Probably not when you have a master artwork that you can likely  use for free.

And then they have to spend the money to hire an artist, go through the concepting phase, and approve and print new artwork. Is that worth it to the label for a job like this? Probably not when you have a master artwork that you can likely  use for free.

You should ask Spacelab9, I don't think they've even sold through the 165 rare variant copies of the Raid 2. More people probably would have bought it had art that didn't hurt your eyes haha