SUMAC - The Deal (members of Isis, Baptists, Russian Circles)

codeine

^c'mon, didn't you know that it starts at 11pm? Comparing to last Sleep preorder, this one was piece of cake ;)

And overseas shipping cost @Merchtable is more than reasonable, I'd say.

I noticed about the time around 08:00 PM then at 11:00 i added the clear on my cart and when i went to pay with paypal...sold out....I didn'y buy a black just because there was the official confirmation of a repress before they went sold out and i'm just interested about the possibility of a new variant...

We, Dwyer Records, made a bulk order for some local folks and will have one spare copy on black. It'll be a costly copy as you'll be paying shipping twice (shipping to you and covering the initial shipping to us) hence why we prefer a local sale, but, if you really need this get at me and we can perhaps work something out. We're not looking to profit, you'd pay what we pay.

We're in Canada too, keep in mind our shipping costs.

Thanks.

Comparing to last Sleep preorder, this one was piece of cake ;)

And overseas shipping cost @Merchtable is more than reasonable, I'd say.

All of this. Sleep preorder sucked. Green in cart not in cart, blue in cart, not in cart, finally got the blue/orange, they release a red/green which sounds better but without pictures I'm not committing.

And $12 shipping to Australia is ace.

Interesting fact, per Sige: low quantities of this first press can be attributed to errors at the pressing plant. This doesn't mean their ~400 copies are defective, but rather that's what prohibited Sige from pressing more.

The next press will be larger and more accessible, and the colors / quantities will be posted as the release draws closer. (Not kept under wraps right up until the PO.)

Seems like good news all around for anyone who missed out. From the sound of it, there should be ample time to plan accordingly, and no throats will have to be slit to secure a colored copy.

Really hope they aren't just saying that the ones they sold aren't defective. My history of clear vinyl is very fluctuating. Have some that sound incredible, and some that sound utterly shitty.

They didn't even imply it. I just asked if the repress will be as competitive to secure, and they said it shouldn't be, since the low quantities were only an issue on behalf of their pressing plant this time around.

Not to sound entitled, but $33+ PPD for a double LP means that it should sound and feel sublime.

NOTE ABOUT THE SUMAC 2xLP: In response to some of the comments about SIGE being unable to meet demand for the SUMAC vinyl, here is some information about the process of getting the first pressing of record made, why we set the original pressing at 400 copies, and the imminent repress of the album.

At the time we submitted the album to be pressed, the band was very new, and there was no way to gauge what the public interest would be in the release. We are a small label and can't afford to sit on lots of unsold copies of any release, so we set a modest number for the pressing to be sure we didn't make too many. We knew we could repress it if need be, which we are now doing.

During the process of manufacturing the album we had a disagreement with the pressing plant about the project, and thus decided to decrease the number we were pressing with them and take the project to another plant for a re-cut and repress. At this point we had a bit more of a gauge of the level of excitement was around the release and did our best to expedite the repress, while bumping the pressing numbers up considerably.

In general, our aim is to press enough records to meet demand for a given release, and not too make so many that we end up crushing the label by accumulating debt for unsold stock. It is an imprecise science and we do the best we can. We are happy that when we are able to sell through a pressing, and happy to keep a record in print when it's practical to do so. In specific regard to the SUMAC vinyl, we don't have a precise date for the availability of the repress, though our estimate is that we'll be able to offer it for online sale in the next 3-4 weeks. We have doubled the amount we did of the first pressing, which will hopefully be enough to get copies to all mail-order customers and some out to stores as well.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us thus far and those that bought the new releases yesterday (and ongoing!).

- Aaron and Faith / SIGE Records.