SUMAC - The Deal (members of Isis, Baptists, Russian Circles)

codeine

I'm here at the Victoria show, and was just talking to Aaron about the Sumac pressing. I asked him straight out what the issue was, he said he wasn't happy with the sound and the plant wasn't willing to be flexible so he dropped them. He did preface that he's super nitpicky and other people were happy with the pressing.

He said that he's heard the test of the next pressing and was 100% happy with it.

He also said they accidentally sold all the clear on the first show, so it's totally sold out now.

I'm spinning my copy for the 4th/5th time in a row.

The sound is absolutely powerful and very well mixed.

Just wondering how the new pressing could be better.

Posted just now by SIGE:

SUMAC "The Deal" 2xLP repress update: the vinyl is nearly complete and the jackets are done. Pre-order for the repress will go up in the webstore next week along with another t-shirt design. We'll be sending out a newsletter to everyone on the mailing list with more precise details when we have them, and announcing here as well. Thank you.

It's black, they posted a picture.

EDIT:  Or at least one variant is.... if there are multiple variants.

I think that the pic posted is a generic black copy from the first pressing just to show the final product in fact they're saying: "the vinyl is nearly complete".

This not means that we won't see a black variant as well..

"The second pressing of SUMAC's "The Deal" 2xLP will be available for pre-order on Monday 4/13 (starting at 9 am PST)
via the SIGE Records webstore. (https://sigerecords.merchtable.com/

Two versions in this edition: 1. red/black splatter 2. regular black vinyl. This repress has been re-cut due to being manufactured at a different plant, all other aspects remain the same as the initial pressing."

11027990_984589884885794_438065745670112