iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Discussion

This is for AT&T but is anyone noticing that if you want to upgrade with a 2 year contract (on the mobile share plan), your bill will increase by $25/month? You no longer receive the discount on the $40/smartphone charge. They're trying to get you to do their AT&T Next monthly installment thing instead of the 2 year contract. Either way you're going to be paying the full retail price of the phone in the end. Such a joke. Not sure about the other providers.

Depends on your mobile share plan. I have a 2GB plan so my discount is only $15, which I will lose if I get another subsidized phone (which I'm not eligible for until next year). It's technically a discount for having Next, but they gave it to everyone when they rolled it out hoping they would decide to keep the discount and upgrade with Next at some point.

Depends on your mobile share plan. I have a 2GB plan so my discount is only $15, which I will lose if I get another subsidized phone (which I'm not eligible for until next year). It's technically a discount for having Next, but they gave it to everyone when they rolled it out hoping they would decide to keep the discount and upgrade with Next at some point.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that your bill will increase a certain amount depending on your type of mobile share plan. Thanks for clarifying.

The only issue I have with iPhone enthusiasts is that they have to shit all over Android to justify why they like iPhone so much, if you like simple devices then use iPhone. It's the most user friendly OS you can get on a mobile, I like full customization and tinkering with my devices and I'll never get thay from iOS. It's silly to trash the entire Android OS just because you had a bad experience on one device. Let's not act like Apple only makes super high end devices, you can get the plastic 5c for a firm handshake right now.

I was in no way "trashing the entir Android OS" or shitting on Android/Samsung/ETC. Just simply stating that I think the quality of the iphone models are much more reliable and hold up better than the aforementioned brands. My buddy has the Galaxy S4 and it's really a piece of crap. Everyone I know with a phone like that normally has problems within the first 4 or 5 months. I'm not saying that everyone does but a lot of people I know do. To say it's silly to trash something over one device isn't so accurate I guess. My wife has had a few android phones and my mom has had some recent motorola phones/android phones. Each experienced tons of problems.

Here's something I was wondering about the other day, and it looks like it wasn't a coincidence: 

http://www.cnet.com/news/theres-no-i-in-apples-team-cook/

The idea is that the whole "i" being in front of all of Apple's products is slowly going to be going away. With the introduction to "Apple Wallet" and "Apple Watch", this is introducing a new era for Apple without Steve Jobs. 

Also, I'm EXTREMELY bummed that the iPod Classic is officially dead, so to speak. Gone from the webstore, I'm bummed it never got things like bluetooth, a scratch resistant screen, and more storage / battery life. I love my 160 GB. 

You connect a checking account to Google Wallet and have to fill it with money yeah? Apple is actually partnered with the banks as well as retailers. You add your cards to the phone so it's like using your phone instead of a credit/debit card. No annoying in-between money limbo. That's something that has always bugged me about PayPal too.

Not to nitpick further but I only have a credit card attached to my Google Wallet, not my bank account. You don't have to fill Wallet with funds, it deducts automatically from whatever source you attach to it. Nothing like Paypal.

I'm bummed about the iPod classic being gone too. Mainly just because of the memory space. I filled my 160gb up and now I have no idea what to do. I just wish they upped the phone's memory or put out a massive couple hundred gb iPod touch for under $300.

Solid state storage is still so expensive, it'll be a long way out before we see a reasonably priced iPod Touch with that capacity.

Not to nitpick further but I only have a credit card attached to my Google Wallet, not my bank account. You don't have to fill Wallet with funds, it deducts automatically from whatever source you attach to it. Nothing like Paypal.

Apologies then. Looks like I misunderstood it. As a person who tries to stay on top of stuff like that, I'd say Google is not marketing it well enough.

Also lol to anyone who has problems with iTunes. You're doing it wrong. It's been stable for years. Still a bit of a memory hog, so for quick and easy playing of music it's not always the best. But for organizing large libraries of music it's second to none. And I've tried about everything out there.

Also lol to anyone who has problems with iTunes. You're doing it wrong. It's been stable for years. Still a bit of a memory hog, so for quick and easy playing of music it's not always the best. But for organizing large libraries of music it's second to none. And I've tried about everything out there.

Clementine works very well for large music libraries and seems to use less resources.

iTunes is the worst buggish nightmare of a program I've ever tried in my entire life. And they kept making it worse and worse over the last 10 years. Having to use that thing with bluetooth makes my head ache.

They could have just added a wifi option to manage files and playback like every other non-Apple device out there but NO you need to use iTunes. Or maybe even cut/paste back on forth for mp3 from computer to iPod but NO you need to use iTunes and there's no way in hell you are copying files FROM the iPod.

i was talking about using bluetooth to listen to music from the ipod to bluetooth enabled speakers. Not transfering of files.

Clementine works very well for large music libraries and seems to use less resources.

Didn't notice any significant performance increases over iTunes with Clementine when I tried it. I also couldn't get used to the UI. 

Relevant to the thread: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZrfXDeLBTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHPACRa6Vq8

Not a big deal to me. I had my 4 for 3 years, and then upgraded to the 5s the day it came out (pay day and day off so why not). I like the 6 and all, but I'm not pausing my life to buy it. Honestly, I think the new body is the nicest feature. I'll get it in a year when I have a new upgrade. I do like that they are adding more storage space, but I use a dx50 as a portable player so I'm glad I can get the cheaper 16gb.

So is this thing actually shatterproof and water resistant? Or was that only a rumor? I swear I saw a spec sheet that said that but I don't see it in the specs on Apple's website.

I hope/wish this is true. Based on the flow chart above and my affinity for snorkeling with my phone I should be getting an Android but the 4 I've had have lasted 6 months tops where my 4s is still perfect going on 3 years (just time for something new).

Pre-ordered today, less excited about it than previous models but i'm willing to keep the Apple dream alive for another two years. 

Interesting to see Apple either not showing or photoshopping out the camera's protruding lens, if i wasn't planning on getting a case, i'd be pissed if it turned up with that little surprise.

I will probably end up upgrading my 32gb 4s to a 64gb 6.  The 6 plus doesn't really look pocketable.

Leaving the minimum memory capacity at 16gb instead of bumping it to 32gb is kind of dirty pool.  My old 16gb 3s never really seemed like enough, but for the 3 years I used the 4s, 32gb worked out great.

Now I just need to find the best way to get rid of my old phone.  Selling it seems like too much work.   Anybody seen anything about an ATT trade in program?

I will probably end up upgrading my 32gb 4s to a 64gb 6. The 6 plus doesn't really look pocketable.

Leaving the minimum memory capacity at 16gb instead of bumping it to 32gb is kind of dirty pool. My old 16gb 3s never really seemed like enough, but for the 3 years I used the 4s, 32gb worked out great.

Now I just need to find the best way to get rid of my old phone. Selling it seems like too much work. Anybody seen anything about an ATT trade in program?

I believe I read that they are giving a minimum of $200 for a 5 and $300 for a 5s. I'm assuming that's in pretty good condition though. I will probably just take mine to gamestop as long as the store credit value is still competitive by the time I get my 6+. Otherwise I'm sure someone on Craigslist will give me $200 or more for my 32gb 5 that is still in really good condition.

pre ordered a Sprint 64GB Gold Iphone 6 on sprint around 2 AM cali time and it was a breeze. no issues on the site and signed up in 10 min flat. A lot of people were having horror stories for PO, including my boy who slept through the initial launch and then was on hold for like 3 hours. 

Im just gonna wait for Mophie to come out with a 6 case and grab one of those, call it a day. Thats all I really need. 

for the last year or so ive used an unlocked iphone 5 with H20..which is like the worst service. $60 a month no contract unlimited everything though was nice, but the service was spotty. 

looking forward to looking at sprint's MIFI options as im thinking about getting a wireless hub added to my plan.

For all you Verizon folk, if you EXCHANGE an Iphone 4 or any model of the 5, and extend/start a new contract, they give you this new Iphone 6, at no cost.

...or so I've read.

Just asked my GF about this and it is true but you have to be eligible for an upgrade.