Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

everyone stays up on the left side of the stairs instead of going down middle.

blinding is still necessary though because the gatekeeper goes up there too, plus the hallowed knights up to just boomered invigorate to death using side stairs.

Basically, the best way people see right now is ignoring the gatekeepers (which keep spawning every time a sword disappears) and try to DPS crota fast as possible.

Ah. Ok.

I Iyhink we should worry bout crota 3x last. And And do the first two parts, bridge and thrall three times. That's six chances at guns for each of us. Then we can focus on iryut and crota

Sounds reasonable.

I Iyhink we should worry bout crota 3x last. And And do the first two parts, bridge and thrall three times. That's six chances at guns for each of us. Then we can focus on iryut and crota

That's a good idea. We can get into the swing of things. Maybe get those guns. Then be all battle hardened and focused for the tougher stuff. Plus we stoked on the weapon drop(s) we get (hopefully) at the bridge.

Good luck to you guys on HM today. Watched a little of the live stream and it looks tasty. Anyways, had a few more questions for you guys.

1. I just leveled my hunter to a 16 and got strikes unlocked. Is that what you guys are doing to get your gear and what not?

2. On my weapons/armor some are green and others aren't. Do I want to use the greens so I can keep upgrading them? When will I get the purples and yellows that I've seen being used?

3. To play Crota's End I need to buy the expansion pack right?

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to ask.

Good luck to you guys on HM today. Watched a little of the live stream and it looks tasty. Anyways, had a few more questions for you guys.

1. I just leveled my hunter to a 16 and got strikes unlocked. Is that what you guys are doing to get your gear and what not?

2. On my weapons/armor some are green and others aren't. Do I want to use the greens so I can keep upgrading them? When will I get the purples and yellows that I've seen being used?

3. To play Crota's End I need to buy the expansion pack right?

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to ask.

3. Crota's End is expansion

1 + 2. Don't worry about gear until level 20. Use greens or blues (always blue over green if possible) and of the blues pick the ones with higher "l;ight level" it's in the description of the item.  After level 20 - buy armor from the vanguard that are light 33. Otherwise, yes, ROC strikes are your best bet for legendaries or the strange coins/motes of light you will need to buy them from a vendor called Xur on Friday - sunday.

not saying you're not - just saying we'll have to see our spots. depends how many times Shelby runs it with his friends first. we been runnin with them since VoG so we gotta see who still needs it on their end.

Yeah, no worries, man. If there's a free slot cool, if not, that's fine.

A little more on gear bud:

To get to max level, which is currently 32, you'll need "Raid Gear" which can only be acquired by doing the Crota's End raid. That gear is all purple and each piece will grant you +36 light. Purple items purchased at the Tower have a max light of +33, a full set will get you to level 31. So, 31 is effectively your maximum level if you don't purchase the expansion pack.

Edit: Is this right, or does all gear stay all a lower level without the expansion? 

The Vault of Glass gear has a max value of +31, so items purchased at the tower or RNG'd through strikes are gonna be better for you at this point. While you'll have a higher chance at a Legendary piece running level 26 strikes anything that gives you Vanguard Rep and Points will get you closer to +33 Legendary gear. 

Like Rooks said, whatever gear you've got equipped today with be dismantled before too long so don't worry too much about your current set. Higher light is better as it'll get you closer to level 26 to run Roc Strikes, but in the long run anything green or blue will be discarded. If you're impatient but willing to be a non-combatant you can probably get someone from here to run you through some higher level stuff for the loot drops, like Vault of Glass on easy mode. That'll grant you lower level purple gear that you'll ultimately dismantle but could be a stop gap until you get you +33's. 

A little more on gear bud:

To get to max level, which is currently 32, you'll need "Raid Gear" which can only be acquired by doing the Crota's End raid. That gear is all purple and each piece will grant you +36 light. Purple items purchased at the Tower have a max light of +33, a full set will get you to level 31. So, 31 is effectively your maximum level if you don't purchase the expansion pack.

Edit: Is this right, or does all gear stay all a lower level without the expansion? 

The Vault of Glass gear has a max value of +31, so items purchased at the tower or RNG'd through strikes are gonna be better for you at this point. While you'll have a higher chance at a Legendary piece running level 26 strikes anything that gives you Vanguard Rep and Points will get you closer to +33 Legendary gear. 

Like Rooks said, whatever gear you've got equipped today with be dismantled before too long so don't worry too much about your current set. Higher light is better as it'll get you closer to level 26 to run Roc Strikes, but in the long run anything green or blue will be discarded. If you're impatient but willing to be a non-combatant you can probably get someone from here to run you through some higher level stuff for the loot drops, like Vault of Glass on easy mode. That'll grant you lower level purple gear that you'll ultimately dismantle but could be a stop gap until you get you +33's. 

All correct.

Green Armor = no Light = Max Level 20

Blue Armor = 12-18 ish light = Max level 21-26ish

Legendary (Purple) Armor

Tier 1 - Vault of Glass Raid Gear = Light Level +31 = Max Level with full set 30

Tier 2 - Vangaurd/RNG Legendary Gear = Light Level +33 = Max Level with full set = 31

Tier 3 - Crota's End Raid Gear = Light Level +36 = Max Level with full set = 32

Exotics (Yellow) Armor

All Exotic Armor is Light Level +36 (which means you can wear it in place of a piece of Crota Gear and still be 32.

Exotics can only be worn 1 at a time.

Purples -

Tier 1 -Vault gear can be gotten through the raid, which you can run on normal with a PUG at around level 28 (NOT WORTH YOUR TIME)

Tier 2 - SAVE YOUR VANGAURD + CRUCIBLE MARKS. Tier 2 pruples can be bought at the vangaurd and crucible and faction stores. BUY THEM. Otherwise you will be waiting for RNG to bless you.

TIER 3 - Needs expansion. Must be level 30+ to even try to get this stuff.

Exotics - All RNG. Try to get to 28-30 with other stuff ahnd we can start draggin you through Nightfall and Weeklys for high chance at exotic drops.  Otherwise, save your motes of light and strange coins and find XUR in the tower on Friday - Sunday and BUY what you need from him. 13 strange coins per armor piece, 23 motes of light per engram.

Anyone else not doing hard mode, or willing to run normal with me once? (Maybe twice, at most?) Really just need shards and either a helmet or chest piece. That'd let me hit 32 so I can roll with you dudes in the coming weeks.

Hold off and do HM for the first bits with Shlebs and I first! Or try to find someone with a Crota check point.

Also, Shlebs, If you can get a group to drag me through the first bit on all three characters, I may get enough shards to up my Warlocks...If I manage 4 shards on both the first chest, and the drop for all three characters...and get a couple duplicate pieces of armor to shard...

Hold off and do HM for the first bits with Shlebs and I first! Or try to find someone with a Crota check point.

Also, Shlebs, If you can get a group to drag me through the first bit on all three characters, I may get enough shards to up my Warlocks...If I manage 4 shards on both the first chest, and the drop for all three characters...and get a couple duplicate pieces of armor to shard...

That's a good idea.

Thanks guys. A few more questions.

Some time my primary weapons have a purple swirl type emblem next to them and some have a little fire symbol. What do they mean?

The first strike that became available to me says it is level 18. Can I play it as an almost 17 or is that not smart? Did you guys finish the story before you did anything else? I'm a super noob!

Finishing the main story is recommended but hardly necessary. You deal a lot less damage (and take a lot more) when you're lower-leveled. You can do an 18-level raid at 17 without any issues, but you may have to play a little more carefully and strategically.

The symbols you speak of are basically "elements" attached to the rounds of your weapon. Purple "swirl" is void, the flame is solar, and the blue is arc. Certain enemies are susceptible to certain elements. The hive, for example, are wrecked by solar damage – you'll cut through them with a set of solar weapons. Additionally, the weekly challenges usually incorporate a "burn" of some sort, where one element does devastating damage (both ways). So a week with "arc burn" means all your arc weapons are extra lethal, but you'll also get dropped by any enemy who dishes arc damage.