Fantômas - WUNDERKAMMER Box Set (Black Friday)

archiced

I'll probably skip it. The demo tape is what this box is all about and I can't justify spending $100 for it. Was listening to my Fantômas CDs lately and they are enough, can't see myself listening to the vinyl frequently.

Isn't the Fantomas demo on the Melvins / Fantomas Sugar Daddy Split 12"? Not sure if it's the same music as on this cassette though. But maybe it's cheaper for you to hunt that thing if you just want that demo.

Isn't the Fantomas demo on the Melvins / Fantomas Sugar Daddy Split 12"? Not sure if it's the same music as on this cassette though. But maybe it's cheaper for you to hunt that thing if you just want that demo.

I have doubles of the Fantomas/Melvins split if anyone wants to buy or trade for it.

Its not that I'll be pissed if its nice. Its that I'll be pissed if it puts the Tomahawk box to shame (as I stated) because I prefer Tomahawk to Fantomas and that set was pathetically cheaply constructed. The price wasn't bad for what it was but the package was a disappointment. Fantomas is probably more popular (which doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it) so naturally they'd put more into it but what gets me is the fact that its another box set from Ipecac/Patton and its going to be high quality where the Tomahawk set was all flimsy glorified card-stock and not a single gatefold or insert.

Seriously? A down vote? For wishing something I bought had been better quality?

Seriously? A down vote? For wishing something I bought had been better quality?

Up voted you to balance it out. I echo your sentiments; I love Tomahawk -- probably my favorite of Patton's work, and that box set was extremely underwhelming. It looks like a lot more effort is being put into this and that's just disappointing. Not that I'm not really looking forward to it, just sucks that they couldn't have done the same for Tomahawk.

maybe they realised the mistake that the construction of the Tomahawk set was and learned from it. The CDs are put together so much better.

Very true about the CD's. I think they just know that the Tomahawk fanbase is nowhere near as big or culty as the Fantomas one and so it wasn't a good investment to produce a set that would have cost them more to make. Still sucks for dudes like me who are more into the 'hawk.

• 1 month later...

Release Date: 12/16/14 (This will still only be available at participating indie record stores)

List Price: $79.98 (Stores will sell it a bit cheaper most likely, Bull Moose lists it at $75.97)

This deluxe set contains their four studio albums on 5 total LPs for the first time in the U.S. and includes a cassette of their original demo recording… all housed in a full artwork “barn door” style box.

16968263.JPG?635534762934434728

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16968263/fantomas-wunderkammer