PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

Has anyone else had an issue with side D on the black vinyl? On the last track it has an issue where it gets to the end of the grooves and just keeps playing that last part of the song over and over. As if the end of the track wasn't pressed correctly. Not a total loss, but it kills the vibe when the record ends that way while listening.

That's an intentional thing.

Has anyone else had an issue with side D on the black vinyl? On the last track it has an issue where it gets to the end of the grooves and just keeps playing that last part of the song over and over. As if the end of the track wasn't pressed correctly. Not a total loss, but it kills the vibe when the record ends that way while listening.

It's called a locked groove, it's there on purpose.

I'm stoked as fuck on this album.

Those who have been to shows, what was the verdict on prints? I'm seeing them in Orlando on Tuesday and Wanna know if I need to bring extra cash. Anyone else gonna be there?

Sorry to bring up an old subject, just don't wanna hunt down those specific pages.

The last few shows I've been to in Austin have been like this. Maybe I'm just getting too old, but the kiddos annoy the shit out of me too. No respect! lol  They were playing at Emo's too. There are in and outs so they easily could have gone and put the record in their car or something, unless they were minors. Kinda glad I skipped out on this show. I've seen Circa plenty of times, and I just got tickets to go see Dave Chappelle on the 14th so funds for shows are limited.

I believe this time was my 6th time seeing circa and every time the crowd gets worse. it's something about them (circa fans) alone. It's kiddos like you said but i never see so much disrespect, so much stupidity at other shows. I mean last night there was this kid trying to get in front of the dude right by me and since the guy didn't let him he purposely elbowed the dude in the face. i was shocked. Also 3 girls passed out by me. It's just annoying, i can't enjoy the shows in the crowd anymore. Maybe it's just S.A./Austin. 

this is one of my biggest problems with all shows these days. people care too much about "being there" than actually enjoying themselves there.

I hate it. i counted 20 iphones at once in front of me hahah

Back to talking about the record...

I loved this album right away, and like it more every time i hear it. I agree that if anything hurts this album it's the repetitive parts (Child of the Desert is very monotone til the end, Nesting Dolls is too much of the same, and Descensus has a breakdown that's a little too long) but this album overall is incredible. I think this record showcases a perfect mix of all albums and are probably the best songs circa has written so far. What i like most about it is every member shines on Descensus. 

If i had to rank the albums now:

BSN > Juturna=Descensus > Violent Waves > OLG

I think the only reason Juturna is tied with Descensus is nostalgia (I started from the beginning with this band, i'm pretty sure i bought juturna the day it came out on cd), if not for that it would be in the 3rd spot. 

I believe this time was my 6th time seeing circa and every time the crowd gets worse. it's something about them (circa fans) alone. It's kiddos like you said but i never see so much disrespect, so much stupidity at other shows. I mean last night there was this kid trying to get in front of the dude right by me and since the guy didn't let him he purposely elbowed the dude in the face. i was shocked. Also 3 girls passed out by me. It's just annoying, i can't enjoy the shows in the crowd anymore. Maybe it's just S.A./Austin. 

I hate it. i counted 20 iphones at once in front of me hahah

My first circa show was in 2007 and I would have to agree that the crowds at their shows have gotten progressively worse. Earlier on it was amazing because it wasn't insanely crowded and all that. However the biggest thing I've noticed over the past couple years is that people are a lot less conscientious. It seems just because people are at a show that they think being a human being no longer applies. Don't get me wrong, I love the atmosphere at shows, I am generally in the front row or near there, but what I'm talking about are things like what you mentioned with blatantly elbowing someone just because they didn't let you squeeze past to take the space their already standing in. And one of the most annoying things to me is people with full glasses of beer getting in the crowd and completely ignoring the fact that there are other people there that don't want to be wearing it. Way too many selfish people. On this tour I saw a guy dancing with a beer in his hand and he completely dumped it on the person in front of him because he just didn't care, no sorry or anything. First of all, that is a $4 or $5 beer you just wasted, secondly and most importantly, don't be that douche.

I'm stoked as fuck on this album.

Those who have been to shows, what was the verdict on prints? I'm seeing them in Orlando on Tuesday and Wanna know if I need to bring extra cash. Anyone else gonna be there?

Sorry to bring up an old subject, just don't wanna hunt down those specific pages.

I saw them on the 30th and all they had as far as prints were the leftover /100 prints from the LA show (which are now gone) and a generic Descensus poster, which I believe is the same poster that came with all the bundles. One thing I know for sure though is that it is not a print. So unless they're doing something special for your city, unfortunately no. Disappointing, I'd have loved to snag a print that had my actual city on it instead of LA's.

They had a print tonight but it was kinda boring. $20

I had such a fun time though. The new stuff sounded great and they mixed it up quite a bit w/ some older stuff. They're always a blast to hang out with afterwards as well.

Plus my wife scored this!

iX8zcB3.jpg

that setlist though... if act appalled had been thrown in it would be perfect. Hope they play that if i decide to go.

I really want to get my hands on a copy of this.  Called both of the Hot Topic's that I frequent and neither had it.  

If anyone wants to help me out, I would appreciate it!

My HT was like reluctant to give me a copy. There weren't any on display so I asked the worker if there were any in the back. Her reply was, "um... (literally 7-8 seconds of straight silence)... yeah, but I'll have to get it." 

Couldn't ask for a second copy with the little cash on me, but I'm about to call and put another on hold if there is one.

My HT was like reluctant to give me a copy. There weren't any on display so I asked the worker if there were any in the back. Her reply was, "um... (literally 7-8 seconds of straight silence)... yeah, but I'll have to get it." 

Couldn't ask for a second copy with the little cash on me, but I'm about to call and put another on hold if there is one.

Well I can send money to anyone via Paypal that can grab me a copy.  I will certainly make it worth your (or anyone that can help me out's) while.

I went to one store and they didn't have it.  I called another and they dug through everything they had for me.  Oh wells. 

Thanks!

Yeah I've called one store every day this past week and they are really sketchy about it. Every time it's a 'no' though, even though the store was on the list Travis posted for having it in stock. Wish they'd just be honest and say they don't have it anymore or something. I'm sure the employees probably just took the copies they were getting.

Yeah I've called one store every day this past week and they are really sketchy about it. Every time it's a 'no' though, even though the store was on the list Travis posted for having it in stock. Wish they'd just be honest and say they don't have it anymore or something. I'm sure the employees probably just took the copies they were getting.

Do you live Near me by chance?lol Because that was my exact same experience as well with two stores near me. One told me to call back every day which I did every night as their shipments were supposed to come in and kept getting a no they're not here, then called the next day and finally they told me they sold them tthe night before even though I had called then and was told they didn't get them in yet lol. The other store did the same thing with "no they're not in yet" then finally just told me they weren't getting many (2 or 3) and the employees were claiming them.

Do you live Near me by chance?lol Because that was my exact same experience as well with two stores near me. One told me to call back every day which I did every night as their shipments were supposed to come in and kept getting a no they're not here, then called the next day and finally they told me they sold them tthe night before even though I had called then and was told they didn't get them in yet lol. The other store did the same thing with "no they're not in yet" then finally just told me they weren't getting many (2 or 3) and the employees were claiming them.

luckily my store is kind of close by. So I just check in once I see Travis' store list and deal with them face to face about things. The one time I called on an item, I had a deal like that too Valeriano