TITLE FIGHT - HYPERVIEW 2/3/15

dvv

I was sort of getting into Hyperview. Then I saw them tonight. Thought they were pretty awful. Oh well. One less album to buy.

were you at the show in Atlanta? If so we must not have seen the same show.

I picked up the tour copy. It's a sticker on the front, but I think it's cool. It's a bummer to hear about the noise on the grey, I'll have to listen to mine when I get home from work today.

I picked up the tour copy. It's a sticker on the front, but I think it's cool. It's a bummer to hear about the noise on the grey, I'll have to listen to mine when I get home from work today.

Yeah. I was at Atlanta.

I don't know what it was exactly. Part of it is I do not like Shed or Floral Green much - and to me they seemed uninterested in their newer songs (and the crowd was REALLY uninterested in the new stuff). Also, its a huge disappointment to me when singers talk three sentences and drop 'fuck' as many times as they can. Just a really strange vibe from them.

At least La Dispute and Hotelier were awesome.

Yeah. I was at Atlanta.

I don't know what it was exactly. Part of it is I do not like Shed or Floral Green much - and to me they seemed uninterested in their newer songs (and the crowd was REALLY uninterested in the new stuff). Also, its a huge disappointment to me when singers talk three sentences and drop 'fuck' as many times as they can. Just a really strange vibe from them.

At least La Dispute and Hotelier were awesome.

I get all that. I like floral green a lot. I can imagine the set might've been long winded if you didn't like at least some of the older stuff. To me they didn't seem disinterested in the new stuff, it's just more mellow. The crowd definitely was though.

This was my first time seeing hotelier. They were great.

I hate you and your avatar. Roll Tide.

Saw them in LA and to chime in on their live presence, it was a really interesting. I myself am only really interested in Hyperview when it comes to this band. That said, I expected to hear some older material, just not nearly as much as I did. I would say they played two old songs to every song they played from Hyperview. And they didn't play Dizzy, which...I mean, just why?

The crowd was something else, though. 2/3 of people at the show couldn't care less about the Hyperview songs and were clearly only there for the old stuff. What I didn't understand was the viciousness of the moshing for what, to my ears, are pretty straightforward post-hardcore jams. I also saw about 100 stage dives. Is that a thing for Title Fight or what? Stage dive selfies galore made me very very sad for the state of the scene.

If there is a silver lining, I was turned on to the song "Head In The Ceiling Fan" from Floral Green. Great track. But I seriously predict Title Fight's fragmented fan-base becoming a problem as they begin to phase older material out of their sets in favor of new songs, especially if they continue down the path they've taken with Hyperview.

I also saw about 100 stage dives. Is that a thing for Title Fight or what? Stage dive selfies galore made me very very sad for the state of the scene.

Stagediving is whatever to me, but 'stagedive selfies' have got to be one of the fucking lamest things out there. Do kids really try and do that shit that often? I remember reading about the dude in ETID kicking that kid's phone out of his hands when he tried to take a picture of himself on stage and just thinking to myself that the kid totally deserved it. Let the band play their music.

Anyways, I'm seeing Title Fight in a couple weeks here and I'm wondering really what it will be like. Personally, I'm all for seeing Title Fight play newer material in a less hostile environment. Obviously kids are going to stagedive during Title Fight no matter what, but it would be cool to see them without some 15 year old jumping on my goddamn head.

I sound like an angry old guy right now, but seriously, I don't think their new material warrants stagediving in any way.

I also saw about 100 stage dives. Is that a thing for Title Fight or what? Stage dive selfies galore made me very very sad for the state of the scene.

Yes, it's a thing for Title Fight.  I mean, kids are always going to stagedive, but Title Fight always seems to attract the "I'm going to stage dive 7 times during this 3 minute song" type of kids.  I saw Title Fight for my first time in 2010, and goddammit, I thought I was going to die.  I think 3 dudes attempted the "sprint across the crowds heads" move at that show.  It was before TF blew up, so anything went, and there was zero security.

'stagedive selfies' have got to be one of the fucking lamest things out there. 

Yes, it's a thing for Title Fight. I mean, kids are always going to stagedive, but Title Fight always seems to attract the "I'm going to stage dive 7 times during this 3 minute song" type of kids. I saw Title Fight for my first time in 2010, and goddammit, I thought I was going to die. I think 3 dudes attempted the "sprint across the crowds heads" move at that show. It was before TF blew up, so anything went, and there was zero security.

Haha same. First time I saw them right around the time shed came out when they were touring with Touche Amore. They played in this tiny garage venue we had where I grew up and they opened with symmetry and that were kids flipping and stage diving and walking on everyone's heads. It was insane haha. Def a title fight tning

Crowdsurfed my way to the front, faced immediate regrets. I'm front of the stage in the white t-shirt. Watch me get kicked in the head 20 times in 4 minutes 

I feel bad for everyone in the front that has to be hunched over and bracing themselves with both arms on the stage to even stand up because everyone has to be upfront to sing along.