intheclouds 12 Lathes of Christmas

RadDonut

there are still 30 copies of athletics to go around. you guys should be fine! it's much more of a niche release than their full lengths since it's just stripped down piano reworkings of previously released material.

still can't believe they dropped that as a 12LOC release...

perfect timing and format for a 12LOC release, though, if you think about it. and i feel like athletics hype has really picked up in the last year or so. maybe i'm overestimating their demand, but i'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to "keeping the collection complete" (aka have at least one copy of everything)

also, the piano rendition of "i am withdrawal" is among my favorite songs of all time. ugh so good.

perfect timing and format for a 12LOC release, though, if you think about it. and i feel like athletics hype has really picked up in the last year or so. maybe i'm overestimating their demand, but i'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to "keeping the collection complete" (aka have at least one copy of everything)

also, the piano rendition of "i am withdrawal" is among my favorite songs of all time. ugh so good.

i agree with everything you said, but i could understand a casual fan listening to it and not liking how stripped down/raw it is. i've been in love with it since the digital album was made available.

I finally actually listened to that This Patch of Sky album. Wow. Absolutely need it now. I like it way better than their newest album. I was just gonna take a flyer on it anyways because I need some new instrumental jams in my life but now it's a no brainer.

I was floored listening to it my first time as well. Hope you're able to grab one today. Have you listened to the Mohican album? I really can't justify spending >$50 on lathes at this point but I'm certainly tempted.

I was floored listening to it my first time as well. Hope you're able to grab one today. Have you listened to the Mohican album? I really can't justify spending >$50 on lathes at this point but I'm certainly tempted.

No I haven't checked out Mohican.  I'm also TRYING to limit what I end up buying if I really don't know the band at all.  I keep telling myself to stop buying records and then I keep buying records haha.  I know, "THE HOBBY".

I think I'm just saving myself for any possible Owel or Happy Body stuff or any other good known post-rock.