SCAMMER PLEASE READ! - WTB: Records + Test Presses (Many Genres)(Lots of Man Overboard)

Thundrstruckk

Just got my $100 back from PayPal, submitted his new information to PayPal and he has been placed on the watch list.

If this $100 in my paypal comes back.....this will escalate to a class 6 real quick!

....quicker than going 60 in a 35 type of quick Chris. <-----for when you read this

All he is doing is buying shit with paypal and using a CC as a funding source. Then later going back with CC and filing a chargeback. In my case he said it was an unauthorized charge. I'm hoping that paypal will just decide in my favor as I have tracking and details of the discogs showing the items were delivered at his house....

I supplied all the info, and this thread link -- and PP still  put me in negative balance.When I called them they said "We'll do everything we can to win your case." BS

With all the evidence, they closed the case in his favor today and slapped a $20 chargeback onto my account!  :angry:

He said he was going to send a Western Union Money order last week, but nada so far.  After the extra $20 insult, I emailed Chris today to see if he is going to send the MO.

Per abovetheearth, it isn't looking good.

Sorry to see so many of us are getting scammed and PP and CC don't see this???

I think using the gift option with CC is the perfect setup for a scammer. PP won't help you, and in fact, the more 'gifts' they see like this, they are punishing for going around their fee setup.

I got hit with another charge back this morning as well. I got hit the first round for $280.00 but he eventually paid me through Western Union. This time I got hit for $28.00. I feel bad for trying to give this kid the benefit of the doubt as this is just ridiculous. Most likely PayPal will rule in his favor just like they did in all the cases before. No matter how much evidence you have as long as HIS credit card company says it's fraudulent then they get there money back. Awesome thing to deal with on my birthday, thanks Chris!

Yeah, thanks  Chris!!  Please send my MO asap with the extra $20 for chargeback fees from PP, OK?

edit: or you can send my records back + $20, no problem.

I supplied all the info, and this thread link -- and PP still  put me in negative balance.When I called them they said "We'll do everything we can to win your case." BS

With all the evidence, they closed the case in his favor today and slapped a $20 chargeback onto my account!  :angry:

He said he was going to send a Western Union Money order last week, but nada so far.  After the extra $20 insult, I emailed Chris today to see if he is going to send the MO.

Per abovetheearth, it isn't looking good.

Sorry to see so many of us are getting scammed and PP and CC don't see this???

I think using the gift option with CC is the perfect setup for a scammer. PP won't help you, and in fact, the more 'gifts' they see like this, they are punishing for going around their fee setup.

Yeah I'm hoping that since my stuff was legitimate purchases paid via discogs I should be fine. Still going to try to do whatever I can to strengthen everyone's case obviously.

And by that I mean not gift payments. 

I didn't ask him to send gift either, never do. Just leave it up to  the buyer. 

For the total: $179.50 in  Postrock albums including a Gifts From Enola Test Press

I didn't see that CC: for his father's email above, gonna send another one and if no response by the weekend, going to call.

edit: Dad's email:  [email protected]

He's claiming to be sending me my record back with $15 cash in the mailer tomorrow.  This is after roughly 2 weeks of claiming he was going to send me the money back Western Union, including an incident where the WU was down (apparently).  We will see.

Edit:  Long story short, this is definitely is more of a reason to have people pay Goods from now on.

I received an email from him recently, unfortunately since PayPal gave me $100 I have to wait 8-10 days to see how they handle the dispute with the CC and go from there, pain in the keister but glad to see he is working with you all :D

HAVING FLASHSHAQ TO THIS!!!!! 

scazam.png

#Hipster4Mod15

Just a general note: if you have tracking info and documentation and you processed the transaction as Goods, PayPal will help you out.  

If you're a missing a piece of the puzzle or you opted out of their Seller/Buyer Protection by selecting Gift or any other discrepancies that we normally underplay when describing our situations on VC/the internet, you can find yourself on the raw end of a decision.  It's a bit bureaucratic; you can paint a pretty picture of how much of a slime ball and moral miscreant this guy is and provide screenshots and links but it still won't check off the boxes they need to rule in your favor if you didn't follow all the steps in the initial transaction.

Don't ever do gift payments.  It's not worth the $2 that the seller saves to open yourself to a situation like this.  The only arguments I've heard for paying as Gift is "I've done it many times and not been burnt/make sure you do it with a reliable seller" but odd shit happens and really reliable buyers/sellers can turn into pumpkins and it helps to have the proper paper trail and protection, no matter who the parties involved are.

I'll keep watching to see what ends up happening to this dude though.  His dad wisely kicked him out of the house and is trying to distance himself from this BS.

I got hit with a chargeback of 90 from a sale in January. I was stupid and deleted the pm because I thought nothing of it and thought everything was good. I lost the dispute and I got debited. I dont have a list of the records I sold him. If I email him if feel like I'm pretty much screwed. 

I don't know what to do next. I hate everything that is happening right now

Since he is selling stolen property...

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/lawEnforcementReporting.html

Seriously. This dude is a piece of shit. One of you guys needs to report him to the cops for selling stolen goods and credit card fraud. Put this fucker in jail.

^^^ That.

God damn, reading this makes me believe I got off easy, as it was only $45 and my record was sent back (but damaged in transit). I feel terrible for everyone involved, which seems like it's more and more people each day. And now this dude is selling your shit on eBay? He needs to get fucked by the law. There has to be something that can be done about him claiming to his credit card company that his information was stolen even though it wasn't. How is his credit card company not suspicious at all? Do you think he's using a bunch of different cards or something?

I am in a weird situation with what I sold him. He actually traded with me + put some records in on top of it. He gave me joyce manors newest, hostage calms newest, transits newest + 7 inch, coheeds a favor house Atlantic 7 inch, and 130 for a original copy of coheeds IKS on orange and white. The tracking number was 9114999944313915816688.

I live in northern VA. Someone DM me his address. I have no problem goin Baltimore-riot style on his house.

His dad's info was posted a few pages back

Christopher Nail

9720 Schreiner Ln 

Great Falls VA 22066 

Fairfax County 

Telephone: 703-759-6442 

His dad's info was posted a few pages back

Christopher Nail

9720 Schreiner Ln 

Great Falls VA 22066 

Fairfax County 

Telephone: 703-759-6442 

But he no longer lives there, so...maybe leave his dad's house alone. Yeah?