Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

As opposed to a couple no name VC posters who say it sounds great? For a pressing that has had numerous recorded issues in the past?

I have a great pressing at home, therefore I have decided I do not need to risk spending +$50-60 CAD on a pressing that is getting mixed reviews. 

says some no name VC poster.

says some no name VC poster.

What kind of ground do you stand to call someone "no-name" with 23 posts?

When have I provided my opinion on the grade of a record? 

My point was that if we want to rip into discogs ratings, it's only fair to apply the same rigor when assessing reviews on VC. 

EDIT: And just for shits and giggles, here is the profile of the person who asked about surface noise on discogs http://www.discogs.com/user/casteaux/collection?header=1

When have I provided my opinion on the grade of a record? 

My point was that if we want to rip into discogs ratings, it's only fair to apply the same rigor when assessing reviews on VC. 

Was that your point? Because you followed it up with "Therefore, I have decided not to purchase..." So, you took someone you don't know's opinion at face value and based a purchasing decision off of it.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are being optimistic while we anticipate the arrival of a record we love.

Super glad you have a nice copy already dude, but literally 0 people here tried to pressure you to buy this one, and even less than 0 are upset that you've decided not to purchase this version.

"...therefore I have decided I do not need to risk spending +$50-60 CAD on a pressing that is getting mixed reviews. "

First off, I stated that I was taking both sides into account, hence the 'mixed reviews'.

Secondly, VC is littered with comments that are similar to mine and everyone could of let it go, but people decided to quote me and make a deal out of it. Not sure why... maybe it's because I acted like a party pooper? If so, I'm sorry. 

Surprising as it may be, I actually am really hoping this is a decent press for those who don't have it. It's my second favourite Sigur Ros record and perfect for the coming months. 

I'm not asking nor telling anybody to spend their money on this title. What I'm saying is, IT'S NOT EVEN RELEASED UNTIL FRIDAY.....there's 4,000 total copies....I haven't even finished shipping all of them yet (hopefully today). These kids could be using a Turntable without a dust-cover, in colder temperatures making static cling an issue and dust could be building up on the stylus over the course of disc one....if you aren't cleaning your discs and stylus regularly you could easily put on the next disc and jump to a conclusion that disc 2 sounds awful....the build up could get large enough to drop off of the stylus on side one and when flipped it's playing on a mostly clean stylus again.

OR these "no names" as I've dubbed them could be legit audiophiles playing these back on half million dollar systems and be totally legit

All I'm saying is jumping to a conclusion about it being a bad pressing from people you don't know on the Internet makes as much sense as watching Fox News for world-events....something as objective as sound quality without a basis to their listening methods or playback system doesn't mean a fucking thing to me....especially when most people are jammin an LP-60 and bitching about bent corners on this board...I don't trust anybody's discerning ear unless I know their playback system.

Completely understood and agree. Not once did I say this was a bad press but merely said I would take heed, and that given the early 

'mixed reviews' I won't be rushing to get a copy. 

Anyways, I'll step aside as I don't want to ruin what should be a pretty awesome get for a lot of people who have been waiting. 

Would this be a bad blind buy? The comment a couple pages ago that mentioned this being a perfect winter album made me very curious.

It is the quintessential winter album. Give it a listen online, it's probably very readily available.

It's an incredible record.

If you like any sort of ambient post rock and can tolerate non-english made-up-language lyrics then you will like this album, guaranteed. it is gorgeous.

Would this be a bad blind buy? The comment a couple pages ago that mentioned this being a perfect winter album made me very curious.

Have you listened to any Sigur Ros before? If yes and you like their stuff, I would highly recommend it. 

Frankly, this is worth it for Untitled #8 in itself but the entire album is a great. Just don't expect to recognize any of the words :)

It is the quintessential winter album. Give it a listen online, it's probably very readily available.

It's an incredible record.

If you like any sort of ambient post rock and can tolerate non-english made-up-language lyrics then you will like this album, guaranteed. it is gorgeous.

The made up language is the only thing that's kept me from listening to these guys over the years. One of my best friends has been a big fan forever, and is always pushing me to check them out.

They call it 'hopelandic', direct from the Sigur Ros FAQ

what language does jónsi sing in?

on von, ágætis byrjun and takk, jónsi sang most songs in icelandic but a few of the songs were sung in 'hopelandic'. all of the vocals ( ) are however in hopelandic. hopelandic (vonlenska in icelandic) is the 'invented language' in which jónsi sings before lyrics are written to the vocals. it's of course not an actual language by definition (no vocabulary, grammar, etc.), it's rather a form of gibberish vocals that fits to the music and acts as another instrument. jónsi likens it with what singers sometimes do when they've decided on the melody but haven't written the lyrics yet. many languages were considered to be used on ( ), including english, but they decided on hopelandic. hopelandic (vonlenska) got its name from first song which jónsi sang it on, hope (von). tracks 7-9 on takk are in hopelandic.

The made up language is the only thing that's kept me from listening to these guys over the years. One of my best friends has been a big fan forever, and is always pushing me to check them out.

Honestly, and I will most likely catch flak for this but whatever, this is the only record of theirs that I like. And, I love it.

This one is so ambient and chill that the lyrics work really well. You'll find yourself making up english words for them that make sense anyway. I'd give it a listen on youtube or something, but honestly, it's good.

"You, sat along the fire..."

EDIT: The fact that the singer treats it as the melody before words are written fits really well on ( ). It's more like perfect humming/melody than actual vocals.