vinyl wish list for 2015

Beulah represses and first presses.

A legit pressing of The Get Up Kids - Two EPs

Those Promise Ring reissues Jade Tree was taking about.

Grimes's first two albums (this is actually happening for sure though, per the label)

A bunch of good metal re-presses

AND Those Jets to Brazil reissues...Pretty sure it's happening, but all's been quiet of late.

AND Those Jets to Brazil reissues...Pretty sure it's happening, but all's been quiet of late.

I realized recently that I'm not as into Jets to Brazil as I always wanted to be. They're just one of those bands for me that I desperately wanted to like, but can't get into them too much.

My short list is:

Hole - Live Through This

Pearl Jam - Yield/No Code

Nirvana - The Complete MTV Unplugged with the Soundcheck

Soundgarden - Down on the Upside

Alice in Chains - Live

The Crow Official Soundtrack

Singles Official Soundtrack

Foo Fighters - Live at Wembley

Desert Sessions - Boxset of all Ten Sessions

In 2015, my wish list starts and stops with people starting to care 1/2 as much about supporting new music and stop throwing their money at nostalgia releases.

As much as I agree....I have to disagree because I would like to see Music from The Adventures of Pete and Pete by Polaris pressed

This would be an awesome vinyl release...seeing as the band got back together in 2014, it would probably help them get their name out there a bit more...I would really like to hear this album on vinyl but I doubt it would happen..so much nostalgia..

On a side note, I just discovered that Polaris was made up from members of the band Miracle Legion and a few months ago I bought two of their records at a thrift store..I think it's time I give those a listen..

As much as I agree....I have to disagree because I would like to see Music from The Adventures of Pete and Pete by Polaris pressed

This would be an awesome vinyl release...seeing as the band got back together in 2014, it would probably help them get their name out there a bit more...I would really like to hear this album on vinyl but I doubt it would happen..so much nostalgia..

On a side note, I just discovered that Polaris was made up from members of the band Miracle Legion and a few months ago I bought two of their records at a thrift store..I think it's time I give those a listen..

I spoke to Mezzotint awhile ago (Mark Mulcahy/Polaris/Miracle Legion label) and they said they think there will be a vinyl release of the Pete and Pete soundtrack in the future. :)

It's a fantastic album.

In 2015, my wish list starts and stops with people starting to care 1/2 as much about supporting new music and stop throwing their money at nostalgia releases.

I get this and I don't. I get that it must be frustrating owning a label, putting out new releases for affordable prices, and then turn to see people go nuts over the MCR or Blink or whatever represses coming out and spending way more money on those. What I don't get when people say that, is that we collect vinyl records; a 100 year old medium for audio reproduction. If everyone on here says they do it because they're "audiophiles", they're lying. Vinyl, as a medium, is nostalgia. The same logic in your statement can be applied to "I wish people would care half as much about the new technologies that have been implemented to allow someone to listen to music in a more convenient way rather than spending, now, twice as much on floppy disks that can only be listened to in your house." People are into it for different reasons I suppose, but isn't a big part of it nostalgia as a whole? Also, people fear change. Read the Modest Mouse thread about their new album and you can see that in full effect. "Stay how you were 20 years ago, new shit is new and it scares me!"

I spoke to Mezzotint awhile ago (Mark Mulcahy/Polaris/Miracle Legion label) and they said they think there will be a vinyl release of the Pete and Pete soundtrack in the future. :)

It's a fantastic album.

Wow this just made me excited, I wonder if they will/can use the same album name It's a fanastic album, I have it on my phone. But being able to listen to she is staggering on vinyl would be amazing. People would buy the album because it has to do with Pete and Pete, plus the whole generation growing up to the show is most likely getting into vinyl if they haven't already

But thanks for sharing that, definitely give an update if you happen to hear anything else about it!

Wow this just made me excited, I wonder if they will/can use the same album name It's a fanastic album, I have it on my phone. But being able to listen to she is staggering on vinyl would be amazing. People would buy the album because it has to do with Pete and Pete, plus the whole generation growing up to the show is most likely getting into vinyl if they haven't already

But thanks for sharing that, definitely give an update if you happen to hear anything else about it!

Yeah, that Polaris - Pete and Pete soundtracks is incredible, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Deja Vu by CSNY? Would be awesome. 'Our House' is such a great song

You guys realize this can be head for like $5 right?  I picked it up as a part of a 3 albums for $5 deal just a couple weeks ago.  These are exactly the kind of albums that DON'T need to be repressed.

There are a ton of albums I could list, but I've listed them elsewhere.   So instead, I'll echo the others that simply hoped for reasonable prices on new records.   I will not, however, align myself with the idea that the end of the "vinyl revival" would be a good thing.   The revival is good for music, good for music nerds, good for audiophiles, good for newer generations that might otherwise think 128 br constitutes good sound quality, GOOD FOR THE MUSICIANS BARELY SCRAPING BY (which is most)..... The problem is the same as it has always been: greed on behalf of the major lables.  Yes, demand is high and production facilities low....  but that doesn't make it okay to charge $35 dollars for an album no matter how many bells and whistles you attach.

You guys realize this can be head for like $5 right? I picked it up as a part of a 3 albums for $5 deal just a couple weeks ago. These are exactly the kind of albums that DON'T need to be repressed.

There are a ton of albums I could list, but I've listed them elsewhere. So instead, I'll echo the others that simply hoped for reasonable prices on new records. I will not, however, align myself with the idea that the end of the "vinyl revival" would be a good thing. The revival is good for music, good for music nerds, good for audiophiles, good for newer generations that might otherwise think 128 br constitutes good sound quality, GOOD FOR THE MUSICIANS BARELY SCRAPING BY (which is most)..... The problem is the same as it has always been: greed on behalf of the major lables. Yes, demand is high and production facilities low.... but that doesn't make it okay to charge $35 dollars for an album no matter how many bells and whistles you attach.

Holt shit you missed his joke by 100000 miles.

Surely 2015 will include

Mudvayne - LD.50 

Mudvayne - The End of All Things to Come

Mudvayne - Lost and Found

System of a Down - System of a Down S/T

Trivium - Ascendancy (someone mentioned this earlier.....good on you)

Glad that Karnivool are Pressing Everything, Otherwise that would be on my list

Metallica are due to Box Set KEA and RTL with all the extra KISS like Gimmicky Shit.......Hopefully they will be pressed better than the recent Warner (then Blackened) Re-Pressings

Tool? Thats a Long shot......Maybe a Repress of everything to shut everyone up about releasing a new Album?

Surely 2015 will include

Mudvayne - LD.50 

Mudvayne - The End of All Things to Come

Mudvayne - Lost and Found

System of a Down - System of a Down S/T

Trivium - Ascendancy (someone mentioned this earlier.....good on you)

Glad that Karnivool are Pressing Everything, Otherwise that would be on my list

Metallica are due to Box Set KEA and RTL with all the extra KISS like Gimmicky Shit.......Hopefully they will be pressed better than the recent Warner (then Blackened) Re-Pressings

Tool? Thats a Long shot......Maybe a Repress of everything to shut everyone up about releasing a new Album?

Sorry if this information is in this thread already but are those mudvayne and soad confirmed?

I get this and I don't. I get that it must be frustrating owning a label, putting out new releases for affordable prices, and then turn to see people go nuts over the MCR or Blink or whatever represses coming out and spending way more money on those. What I don't get when people say that, is that we collect vinyl records; a 100 year old medium for audio reproduction. If everyone on here says they do it because they're "audiophiles", they're lying. Vinyl, as a medium, is nostalgia. The same logic in your statement can be applied to "I wish people would care half as much about the new technologies that have been implemented to allow someone to listen to music in a more convenient way rather than spending, now, twice as much on floppy disks that can only be listened to in your house." People are into it for different reasons I suppose, but isn't a big part of it nostalgia as a whole? Also, people fear change. Read the Modest Mouse thread about their new album and you can see that in full effect. "Stay how you were 20 years ago, new shit is new and it scares me!"

I'm with you, but only to a certain degree. We aren't audiophiles as a whole group, but we are collectors. We do enjoy listening to music on this medium BUT I can assure you that - as a label that generates new music - people don't even take the free downloads offered to them.

I know that MOMR is but a glimmer in the music scene, but I can see my download/stream stats each week/month, and even though they are 100% free, they aren't very heavily taken advantage of. Not even to "check out."

Meanwhile, folks here are literally climbing over themselves to spend top dollar on something that has been out into the world for decades.

In short, what I meant was: I wish people would *literally* care half as much. For every two overpriced nostalgia releases, I hope that in 2015 vinyl collectors at least steal one free download from a label putting out new artists. Sometimes supporting isn't financial.

I should add that this isn't a pity post, but rather that I am sure any other indie label feels the same way and I felt it should be made known! I'll keep sinking my money into bands that I love even if I don't make a penny of it back.