Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

Hmm, Sun-Colored vinyl looks kinda like plain yellow, I am still debating getting the bundle from Jagjaguwa. I think the Pink goes much better with the artwork. 

Also I went nuts on Newbury yesterday... Ordered Nick Cave, Hendrix and Father John Misty.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you tell how many are remaining? I want this Elliot Smith, but not sure how fast to jump on it...

Just add some high # to your cart and it usually gives you a message saying how many are available to order.

I tried to add 5,000 copies of that Elliot Smith record to my cart and it gave me this message - "Sorry, we only have 508 pieces available for:

Elliott Smith - Elliott Smith [blue Vinyl] [Vinyl] (103-2095055N)".

Once again Newbury reissues a limited, colored version of a record that is readily available.  I make a post exactly this almost every time they announce another release. 

I don't care how you spend your money, but here are some options for buying this record that will save you $5-10 plus shipping will likely cost less.  Of course, it wont be limited or on fancy blue wax, but the music will still be the same. 

You can't be upset at Newbury for this though. It's Kill Rock Stars that sold it to Newbury and offered to produce a limited blue version of this record. Newbury just agreed to buy 1000 from them and resell them.

Once again Newbury reissues a limited, colored version of a record that is readily available. I make a post exactly this almost every time they announce another release.

I don't care how you spend your money, but here are some options for buying this record that will save you $5-10 plus shipping will likely cost less. Of course, it wont be limited or on fancy blue wax, but the music will still be the same.

Does newbury take paypal?!

No, but many sites who are selling the same music (albeit on black wax) do.

That 7.99 shipping sucks. Wish there was magically a free shipping code...

We all know that the cost of shipping a record via media mail is between $2.xx and $3.xx.  Charging $7.99 for shipping is a way Newbury can profit more for these sales.  They over charge for shipping, pay the USPS the actually shipping cost, and pocket the rest.  Its not illegal or immoral or anything, but its a practice that I don't want to support. 

Most sites that sell the same music (again, not on fancy colored wax) charge the actual shipping price (with maybe a very small amount added to cover the cost of the shipping materials).  I'd consider buying from them instead.

You can't be upset at Newbury for this though. It's Kill Rock Stars that sold it to Newbury and offered to produce a limited blue version of this record. Newbury just agreed to buy 1000 from them and resell them.

I'm not upset at Newbury, Kill Rock Stars, other labels that partner with Newbury, or anyone who buys these over priced releases.  I'm just sharing with other vinyl enthusiasts options to purchase the same music for a more affordable price.  

If you choose to buy from Newbury, I don't think you should be able to complain about the continual increase in vinyl record prices.  People who purchase these types of releases are contributing to businesses who are trying to make more and more money (which isn't in and of itself wrong).  Because of this, the prices will continue to rise as long as people pay those prices. 

Again, its your money... do what you want with it. I'm not upset or freaking out about it... I'm just not going to spend my money that way.