ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

It appears Ross printed up 50 additional copies of the Acoustic EP (on half clear/half white) and screen-printed covers for them. Then proceeded to sell or trade them to various people.

Info: http://stitchesandgrooves.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/the-early-november-the-acoustic-ep-for-all-of-this-ep-complete-collection/

Record in question: http://stitchesandgrooves.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/image_15.jpg?w=1200&h=

that guy edited his post within the last hour..

*** 1/8/15 Update - I’ve noticed a huge surge in views of this entry after it was linked to on a message board, in a thread calling out Ross from Enjoy The Ride for shady business practices. To be perfectly honest since there is a ton of dirty laundry airing going on, Ross did tell me not to publicize the “bizarro” variant, but it did not come with a note saying such. He told me directly via email when I made the deal for the box set after it sold out. He sold me the wooden box set (plus complete set of variants & test pressings for both EP’s), after it sold out, for cost (minus test press cost. But I later sold them and made up the difference) only because I write this blog and it would get him publicity. So it was a mutual deal, I get something sold out that I wanted without paying ebay prices to flippers, and Ross/Enjoy The Ride gets some free press of sorts. He told me, without exact quoting, simply paraphrasing; don’t post pics or anything about the half bone/half clear record because I want to keep it a secret, so I could sell them later on and keep it a surprise. I may have the email exchange saved in my account, but I would have to do some digging. He also didn’t charge me for the half bone/half clear /50 variant, he included it as a bonus without telling me, but hinted at it in email exchanges that the package would have a nice surprise. I only got the pressing info and more info in general about that variant after emailing Ross about it, which is when he emphasized don’t post it on your blog, mention it anywhere or post pics anywhere. I complied with the request, but later, at least three years (February 2014) after initially writing the entry for these Early November EP’s, I went ahead and posted all the pics and info I had about the half/bone/half clear /50 secret variant. So the secret “bizarro” variant addition to this entry fell under the radar for the most part, until the link was posted on a message board. I did not post about the secret half/bone/half clear variant today, yesterday or any day this week. It has been sitting here quietly for almost a year, until today ( Jan. 8, 2015). ***

This bizarro/secret variant talk got me thinking back to the Juliana Theory picture disc. As is his way, Ross had test presses (white picture discs) up for sale in his store. Not too long after the record was released, a couple dozen plain black test presses for the same release "just showed up" at ETR HQ. Ross had some foldover sleeves made (nice work Patrick), and threw them up for ~$50 each. At the time, it didn't seem like a big deal. But knowing what we know now, it seems quite plausible that Ross might have ordered the second set of tests to pull in an extra ~$1000 out of the release.

This bizarro/secret variant talk got me thinking back to the Juliana Theory picture disc. As is his way, Ross had test presses (white picture discs) up for sale in his store. Not too long after the record was released, a couple dozen plain black test presses for the same release "just showed up" at ETR HQ. Ross had some foldover sleeves made (nice work Patrick), and threw them up for ~$50 each. At the time, it didn't seem like a big deal. But knowing what we know now, it seems quite plausible that Ross might have ordered the second set of tests to pull in an extra ~$1000 out of the release.

mathhhh570.gif