SRC is opening a record store

2015 version of Virgil's Craft beer tour?

I still wonder who the (10?) people were that gave Virgil 2000 bucks each. I can't remember what they were supposed to be buying, I think every release for the remainder of his label or something? Which oddly enough ended right afterwards.

We need an old school Virgil thread on here. There was some great moments in history 

I still wonder who the (10?) people were that gave Virgil 2000 bucks each. I can't remember what they were supposed to be buying, I think every release for the remainder of his label or something? Which oddly enough ended right afterwards.

We need an old school Virgil thread on here. There was some great moments in history 

VC Craft Beer and failing label tour 2K15

virgilbig.jpg

Technically Suburban Home is still in business. They've put out a handful of records in the past few years (Nightmares For A Week, Sleeping Weather).

Who were the two others? I know Suburban Home is one who was the second? 

Virgil transferred ownership to both SRC and Academy Fight Song/Mightier Than Sword. Can't find a source due to the sheer number of threads pertaining to the involved parties and the inability to search for 3-character words, but it happened for sure.

i don't have a photo (unfortunately), but i believe it was Virgil in a pile of money with a speech bubble saying "Just e-mail me and we'll get it sorted out" or something to that effect.

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI, the soft open for the store was this week - decent stock, great staff and overall a very nice store.  Had some rare releases kicking around too - picked up a copy of JIMMY EAT WORLD - BLEED AMERICAN (3lp), which was a score for me and well worth the trip to get there.  The prices were decent and I'll definitely be back sometime in the future - also way better for us Canadians to be able to grab the SRC releases at the same price as the website without the huge shipping charges!  Anybody else check it out yet?

Just an FYI, the soft open for the store was this week - decent stock, great staff and overall a very nice store.  Had some rare releases kicking around too - picked up a copy of JIMMY EAT WORLD - BLEED AMERICAN (3lp), which was a score for me and well worth the trip to get there.  The prices were decent and I'll definitely be back sometime in the future - also way better for us Canadians to be able to grab the SRC releases at the same price as the website without the huge shipping charges!  Anybody else check it out yet?

61808-Jon-Hamm-smile-and-nod-gif-mad-BJh

Is it a normal record store with a used section, or just their online distro stuff set up in a store?