Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

If I can get up early for an iPhone, I can most definitely do it for Record Store Day. Couple things I'm looking to get.

Yellowcard / Twenty One Pilots / Brand New / The Used

Best part is that my record store does 20% off every Saturday from 10-12 and they even do it on RSD. Yay for me.

As do I! I think it's a US/UK release though.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/18205863/leatherface-razor-blades-aspirin-1990-1993

That price ain't too shabby either.

looks pretty limited in the US though...I think I see 500 US/1000 UK.  Legit copy of Mush is worth the price of admission alone.

I really hope Placebo is released in the US, that's pretty much my only must get besides the Metallica tape and the Foo 10".

Worker im my local online shop said, that they will get it(they buy records in US). He aslo said, that every placebo album will be repressed on black in 2016 (because they can preorder them or something I didnt get in details)

you do understand people start lining up like the night before for RSD right?

Yes I'm fully aware...and if you read my post I said "If I can get up early for an iPhone, I can do it for RSD." Meaning I plan on going super early and waiting. 

The point I was making this that our store opens at 10 and they do a weekly discount from 10-12 on Saturdays. It's cool of them to still give everyone that discount on RSD.

Depends on where. I get to my store no more than two hours ahead and I've never been deeper than 5th in line

This. My store opens at 10:00; I'm there at 8:30 every year, and I'm almost always 7th or 8th in line. Well, usually the first ten or twelve people who get there just stand around talking in a blob but then once more people get there, we sort ourselves single file based on who got there when. It's surprisingly chill.

Q: Is the Azealia Banks LP still on for RSD? I can't find it on any lists...

I too want to know what's up with this...  was pretty much the only release I cared about.  (As much as I love White Orchid, I'm not about to drop $40 on my 4th favorite White Stripes album especially when I already own it on CD). 

This. My store opens at 10:00; I'm there at 8:30 every year, and I'm almost always 7th or 8th in line. Well, usually the first ten or twelve people who get there just stand around talking in a blob but then once more people get there, we sort ourselves single file based on who got there when. It's surprisingly chill.

What store do you go to?

I wonder what happens to leftover stock that never gets ordered from record stores? Like if a release is a total run of 1000, and the orders from the record stores throughout the entire country only equal 600, what happens to the remaining stock?

I know the record store I go to has a bin of past RSD releases, but I'm talking about ones that were never ordered.

most stuff gets insanely overordered, and the records get allocated. in the event something goes unsold (for instance we had a 30pk of dead milkmen records get delayed in shipping to the distributor) they just get solicited to the RSD stores the next week again

(

Wuxtry Records in Athens. It's super chill, and they're pretty good about having as many exclusives as they possibly can. The crowd is generally civil as well. Three good RSD experiences in a row there so far, going for a fourth this year.

Gotcha... This will be my first RSD in Atlanta. Little worried about where to go, as I'm used to my little record store in Ohio that sounds a lot like yours... very chill and overall a great experience.

Gotcha... This will be my first RSD in Atlanta. Little worried about where to go, as I'm used to my little record store in Ohio that sounds a lot like yours... very chill and overall a great experience.

Me and a buddy are going to hang out at Criminal around 6 or so I think if you wanna meet us there and hang out. Maybe play Settlers.

Wuxtry Records in Athens. It's super chill, and they're pretty good about having as many exclusives as they possibly can. The crowd is generally civil as well. Three good RSD experiences in a row there so far, going for a fourth this year.

I haven't lived in Athens for 7 years, but I think Wuxtry is still one of my all time favorite stores. There's always a decent selection and Bizarro upstairs is super fun too. I miss those places, 40 Watt, and the Grill like mad. Also Tasty World: RIP.