Angry messages and PMs from sellers/buyers

This. And if you absolutely need it faster, send a nice note and pay for priority mail. I typically can only make it to a post office on a Saturday, but if asked I can probably swing it during the week.

While I am fortunate to be able to ship from work, do the people who only ship on the weekend at least try to time the end of the auction for the end of the week?

While I am fortunate to be able to ship from work, do the people who only ship on the weekend at least try to time the end of the auction for the end of the week?

People need to have a little patience. Personally, I ship right away when I do trades and what not but I have no problems when sellers take up to a week to ship things. It's really no big deal. Of course I'm still use to old school mail order where you were lucky to see your goods before 4-6 months.

Is 'punisher' the vinyl version of the 'feminazi' and 'social justice warrior' labels?

One example of getting punished would be having a buyer get upset with you for not shipping out an item or updating them with tracking after one business day.

The weirdest "punisher" I've gotten on eBay was a guy who bought a couple cheap comics from me. He hounded me relentlessly to leave him positive feedback, even though he had thousands of feedback points and a perfect (or near-perfect) rating. It was almost funny because it was such a pointless thing to whine about.

The way around the bull is to print the shipping label quickly then take a day or two to pack and drop off. I found long ago that doing this kept people from hounding you. 

Until you get that special breed of punisher that thinks you control the post office and they get mad when the tracking number shows no movement for a few days. 

What happens if all the proactive manipulation of shipping labels, descriptions, and communication aimed at pre-thwarting a punisher do not work and the punisher still punishes you?  Do you get eBay/PayPal involved?  Or are they punisher-apologists who always side with the punishers?  I am new to Sellers Rights Activism but I want to protect myself and not receive punishment.

As a seller: Under-promise and over-achieve.

As a buyer: expect the worst.

Like ebay states, "try resolving issues directly with seller." Filing a claim should be a last, LAST resort.

If under-graded, request partial refund from seller.

If seller is unwilling, return for refund.

If seller is unwilling, open claim w/eBay.

DO NOT open a claim while item return is in progress, that's lame.

ALWAYS CONTACT SELLER IF THERE IS A PROBLEM !!!!

Negative feedback is for scammers and rip-off artists.

I don't think I've ever left a neutral, not leaving any feedback is my neutral.

If you get a less than perfect record, and a partial refund = positive feedback.

If you return record for a refund = positive feedback.

Obviously damaged in transit, NOT DUE TO INADEQUATE PACKAGING, NOT the sellers fault, sorry.

Sealed records that are damaged??? NOT the sellers fault. (I'm not talking about seam splits, that IS improper packaging)

If you get a less than perfect record, and a partial refund = positive feedback.

If you return record for a refund = positive feedback.

I agree with you mostly, but...I'm not sure how this ^^ is a thing. Seems like the perfect situations in which to use the neutral feedback button.

Here's an example that I think works for neutral feedback:

Bought and Elektra pressing of Ride the Lightning from a dude on discogs. He listed it as vg+ vinyl and jacket. I specifically asked him, "have you played this recently, no skips, no pops?"

He says, "Yup, no clicks, nothing."

I said, "Ok, great. I'm in."

Mails it to me, I open it up and it has deep scratches on side B, I give him the benefit of the doubt and give it a spin...significant skips, just where I expected them.

I message him. "Hey dude, I'm getting some ridiculous skips on side B on very visible scratches."

He replies, "Oh, yeah, I only played side A. Send it back for a refund?"

"Yup."

Sent it back for a refund. Gave him neutral feedback and stated "Item description incorrect, easy to work with on refund. Good guy."

I don't think he was trying to scam me, just being lazy which caused me inconvenience as a buyer and tied up money for a little while, but he was nice and understanding about my concerns, therefore, neutral feedback with a positive comment.

Two questions...

1.  Do you guys think that a buyer, er, I mean 'punisher', leaving a negative or neutral feedback, asking a question that the seller doesn't like, or asking for a refund for a reason that a seller disagrees with gives a seller carte blanch to break a marketplace's policies and send retaliatory/inflammatory messages?  Also, is a buyer supposed to match their expectations to the marketplace's policies (sellers must provide accurate descriptions that list all flaws and defects, feedback should be accurate and honest) or a minority group of sellers' policies (if the description is slightly inaccurate or some flaws were omitted, don't be a punisher and instead accept a partial refund, negative and neutral feedback should never be left)?

2.  If you're a victim of punishment or a seller who has left eBay/Discogs because it became a punisher safe haven, what do you think about sellers who receive negative or neutral feedback but don't engage in angry PMs or personal battles?  What reasons would they have for not challenging or raising hell over each individual negative or neutral feedback?

i've left a neutral mark before, probably just once and it wasn't even really that positive.

i bought a coat with the BIN option because i didn't want it getting snapped up by others.  the description claimed it was in great condition and the pictures looked fine.  when i got it, it was indeed fine but there was a giant hole in one of the pockets.  the weird thing is that the person had her hands in the pockets in one of the pictures where she modeled it so i don't think it was simply overlooked.  i would think she would've noticed and posted that defect while also making a note that it was reparable with the aid of a seamstress.  when i got it, i tried it on and the hole was the first thing i noticed, i could slip 2 of my fingers right through it.  i PM'd her and said i wasn't really happy about the lack of disclosure and that i would've just waited to bid on the item as a regular auction and buy at a lower price if i knew i'd have to take it to a seamstress.  i never heard back from her so i left her neutral feedback saying it was a lovely coat but that there was a giant hole in the pocket.  i just looked back, found that auction, looked at what she has for sale now and now all the clothes she is selling are listed with detailed pictures of whatever defect they have and since i left her a neutral mark, she's still at 100%.  i don't see what the problem is.

Also as a seller here I have an OCD to get things out of my possession as fast as possible. It's just me. It was easier when I had a bullshit job steps from the post office. Now I have a real job and a lot less time, but I'll still try to get it out ASAP. With people here I just drop a message when I print the label and when I drop it off. Takes a minute or two tops to update people just to be nice, and in the process stave off a potentially impatient person for a little bit. I haven't had a big problem with impatient people here, especially if you keep up your end of communication.

i've left a neutral mark before, probably just once and it wasn't even really that positive.

i bought a coat with the BIN option because i didn't want it getting snapped up by others.  the description claimed it was in great condition and the pictures looked fine.  when i got it, it was indeed fine but there was a giant hole in one of the pockets.  the weird thing is that the person had her hands in the pockets in one of the pictures where she modeled it so i don't think it was simply overlooked.  i would think she would've noticed and posted that defect while also making a note that it was reparable with the aid of a seamstress.  when i got it, i tried it on and the hole was the first thing i noticed, i could slip 2 of my fingers right through it.  i PM'd her and said i wasn't really happy about the lack of disclosure and that i would've just waited to bid on the item as a regular auction and buy at a lower price if i knew i'd have to take it to a seamstress.  i never heard back from her so i left her neutral feedback saying it was a lovely coat but that there was a giant hole in the pocket.  i just looked back, found that auction, looked at what she has for sale now and now all the clothes she is selling are listed with detailed pictures of whatever defect they have and since i left her a neutral mark, she's still at 100%.  i don't see what the problem is.

i think you're looking for coatcollective.com