(A Disscussion Somewhat Related To) Brand New - Deja Entendu RSD

No fucking joke I was actually working on a chiptune cover of the full album, "Deja Nintendu" for a while and I was pretty into it. I'm not so great with NES trackers though, kinda wish someone much more skilled than I collaborated with me on it. I got partway through Sic Transit Gloria and called it quits.

It was to be entirely faithful to the NES audio hardware as it would actually be programmed for NES hardware, not "chiptune" music like is commonly used to refer to synth-heavy covers, or covers which are programmed with NES trackers but use more audio channels than the hardware is actually capable of.

The plan was to release it as an audio download, and also a ROM/physical cart that played the full album while there was a user-manipulated 8 bit version of the cover art.

I suppose this is also the first I've ever told anyone of it too. So there you have it.

What if the 1500 copies being released on RSD are in paper bags because they're a new album all together? We already know about the wide release on May 5, so any animosity from those not actually getting déjà would already be extinguished.

I can't believe this is a real thing.

I hear you, though. I seriously don't understand why people are so insane about this album.

Die-cut is just gonna be them ripping a hole in each paperbag so you can see the sticker sheet.

I will be first in line at my store, buy this, rip the paper bag and put fruit in it.

So it's disappointing. Like Brand New in general. 

1389789927190.jpg

Welcome to RSD.

upvotes for everyone

I can't believe that folks are trying to get their hopes up that this will be anything other than a literal gatefold in a literal paper fucking bag.

Also, who needs a download code for this? Is this your first day on the Internet? If so, welcome!

I can't believe that folks are trying to get their hopes up that this will be anything other than a literal gatefold in a literal paper fucking bag.

Also, who needs a download code for this? Is this your first day on the Internet? If so, welcome!

That's why I think there's to be something more to this. It's not like anybody who's buying this doesn't already have the album. So maybe it's remastered or there are bonus tracks included or whatever

Also, maybe the paper bag is made of a pulp made from all the $1 bills and they're finally giving them back