(A Disscussion Somewhat Related To) Brand New - Deja Entendu RSD

Clearly you didn't read my whole post. i just went ahead and deleted it. You guys clearly cant handle a serious discussion.

We can, we just can't handle people who go off the handle for no reason. No one cares about your opinion of this record.

There is a whole area for complaining about nothing. So go post it there.

Your elitist attitude is bummin the vibe,

Man.

We can, we just can't handle people who go off the handle for no reason. No one cares about your opinion of this record.

There is a whole area for complaining about nothing. So go post it there.

Your elitist attitude is bummin the vibe,

Man.

hey......":man" your reading comprehension is terrible. I wasn't giving an opinion of the record I was asking if anyone who owns a pressing what the sound quality is like and that's all. As far as complaining I think its totally fair to be upset about the high prices we pay for records for some of them to come out sounding like shit due to bad mastering or coming from a shitty source. Also as far as my "elitist attitude" bumming the vibe im pretty sure this whole thread is bumming everyone's vibe how many pages and how much of it has to do with the actual record. Like a couple sentences worth of info?

Sorry if I was trying to add a little info and discussion into this "discussion group" man.

Im not trying to pick a fight with anyone I was just trying to have a conversation where we could maybe get some useful information. But it seems clear since ive been here the past couple years is that nobody really cares about how good or bad the pressing sounds on a modern record. They care about what color the record comes on, how many variants, and how they can get the variant with the lowest amount of pressings. Either that or how can I get every color the record was pressed on. Which i understand collectors. Everyone has their own copies. Hell even I seek out some varients for the look of them but what it really comes down to is does this record sound good or did I just waste money on a vinyl that was pressed up without any care given to the sound quality of it.

Shits upsetting. 

I just hope triple crown at least has the mind to re-cut this record because ive heard from some sources that the original press doesnt sound all that great and for the prices they go for.....it just seems a little crazy.

A few things to ponder Quiet City

1. That is way too much effort put forth for an online forum about records.

2. We don't care about a thread you started in a different part of the internet and how many views/posts or whatever it has.

3. Not everyone has a high quality system like you and others around the globe.

4. Quit being so picky and pick a copy up for yourself and decide whether or not you like it.

hey......":man" your reading comprehension is terrible. I wasn't giving an opinion of the record I was asking if anyone who owns a pressing what the sound quality is like and that's all. As far as complaining I think its totally fair to be upset about the high prices we pay for records for some of them to come out sounding like shit due to bad mastering or coming from a shitty source. Also as far as my "elitist attitude" bumming the vibe im pretty sure this whole thread is bumming everyone's vibe how many pages and how much of it has to do with the actual record. Like a couple sentences worth of info?

Sorry if I was trying to add a little info and discussion into this "discussion group" man.

Im not trying to pick a fight with anyone I was just trying to have a conversation where we could maybe get some useful information. But it seems clear since ive been here the past couple years is that nobody really cares about how good or bad the pressing sounds on a modern record. They care about what color the record comes on, how many variants, and how they can get the variant with the lowest amount of pressings. Either that or how can I get every color the record was pressed on. Which i understand collectors. Everyone has their own copies. Hell even I seek out some varients for the look of them but what it really comes down to is does this record sound good or did I just waste money on a vinyl that was pressed up without any care given to the sound quality of it.

Shits upsetting.

I just hope triple crown at least has the mind to re-cut this record because ive heard from some sources that the original press doesnt sound all that great and for the prices they go for.....it just seems a little crazy.

And there you go again...you just come off as a snotty, holier than thou, asshole. You're acting like you're the only person who cares about how something sounds and that everyone else just "wants all the colors."

Just a suggestion, maybe read what you write for tone before you post, dude. Then people won't jump down your throat for spewing garbage everywhere.

In your first post you "only want to hear from people with this specific sort of setup, the rest of you trash don't matter."

And now, "you guys don't care about the music, you're a bunch of poseurs who just collect for color pressings."

That's the way you're coming off here.

So...how about you just fuck right off?

And yes, this is a stupid thread about a record that isn't even that great, but you're still an ass.

Shits upsetting.

I don't know how much of this can be attributed to groovewear, but the copy I briefly owned sounded like absolute garbage - it was misgraded by a Discogs seller who "only played it once", neglected to mention it was on a Crosley though. So there was a moderate amount of persistent surface noise, and underneath that the audio was quite distorted.

If that distortion is not inherent in the cut itself, then you will be hard pressed to find a copy of the original without it unless it is sealed. It seems that nearly every person who owns this record owns a Crosley as well, if any tumblr/instagram picture I've ever seen of this record is any indication, or going based on people I know who own it.

Unless specific details about the remastering process are given I wouldn't expect this to sound any better or worse. Not that it really could sound much worse. That said, it's easier to take a $40 chance than a $400 chance.

I understand your concerns, but this is far from an audiophile recording. If you're expecting to be blown away and amazed by hearing this on wax, don't.

And there you go again...you just come off as a snotty, holier than thou, asshole. You're acting like you're the only person who cares about how something sounds and that everyone else just "wants all the colors."

Just a suggestion, maybe read what you write for tone before you post, dude. Then people won't jump down your throat for spewing garbage everywhere.

In your first post you "only want to hear from people with this specific sort of setup, the rest of you trash don't matter."

And now, "you guys don't care about the music, you're a bunch of poseurs who just collect for color pressings."

That's the way you're coming off here.

So...how about you just fuck right off?

And yes, this is a stupid thread about a record that isn't even that great, but you're still an ass.

The amount of words that your are putting in my mouth is ridiculous. Almost every sentence. Then telling me to "fuck right off" dude why are you so butthurt? Did you even read what I wrote? I even said i seek out some records for certain variants. Not all the time albeit.

Why dont you re read my post and tell me how im being an asshole? Because honestly I think its you sir who is the one coming off as one.

I don't know how much of this can be attributed to groovewear, but the copy I briefly owned sounded like absolute garbage - it was misgraded by a Discogs seller who "only played it once", neglected to mention it was on a Crosley though. So there was a moderate amount of persistent surface noise, and underneath that the audio was quite distorted.

If that distortion is not inherent in the cut itself, then you will be hard pressed to find a copy of the original without it unless it is sealed. It seems that nearly every person who owns this record owns a Crosley as well, if any tumblr/instagram picture I've ever seen of this record is any indication, or going based on people I know who own it.

Unless specific details about the remastering process are given I wouldn't expect this to sound any better or worse. Not that it really could sound much worse. That said, it's easier to take a $40 chance than a $400 chance.

I understand your concerns, but this is far from an audiophile recording. If you're expecting to be blown away and amazed by hearing this on wax, don't.

Thank you I highly appreciate the information and the intelligence in your post. Of course im not expecting and audiophile recording from this release but I sure would hate after all this time waiting for a repress to pick it up and it sounds like triple crowns pressing of the devil and god.....dull and lifeless. 

The amount of words that your are putting in my mouth is ridiculous. Almost every sentence. Then telling me to "fuck right off" dude why are you so butthurt? Did you even read what I wrote? I even said i seek out some records for certain variants. Not all the time albeit.

Why dont you re read my post and tell me how im being an asshole? Because honestly I think its you sir who is the one coming off as one.

Haha! Yeah, dude. I'm suuuuper butthurt. I care so much about this release that I'm seething inside... :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to say that the exact words I put in quotes are actually what you said, but what it comes off as. You need to reread what you said without putting any inflection on the words and realize that other people may think you come off as an asshole. The "fuck right off" part was unnecessary, but really, people who come on here and get all "it's all about the music, man," or "If you don't have a $300 needle, don't even talk to me," annoy the shit out of me. 

Yes, I personally care more about how stuff sounds than what color a pressing is, but some people on here don't. Does that make anyone here better or worse than anyone else? No. But the way you're saying things comes off that way.

That's what I was trying to point out to you. Clearly you don't, and won't get that, but I thought I'd try to explain it in a way you would understand.