PO: Modest Mouse - Building Nothing Out Of Something/Interstate 8-Live at Sunburst Montana

I got the colored versions of both BN and I8 today..at least I think so. Can anybody tell me if there's supposed to be a sticker on the record that says so? Last time (LCW..) there was a sticker and I don't want to open them up as I already have them on black vinyl...THANKS!!!

Why would you buy the color vinyl (let alone buy it at all) if you're not going to open it?

They lose all of their investment value if you open them. Think of them as uncirculated coins, the second your grubby, dirty hands touch them, they're only worth face value.

I know you're young Domain, but if you want to listen to records, you should consider joining #VNYL and letting us fulfill your #vibeage needs. Sign up now and your first month is only $24! (it will soon elevate to FowtyDollaz, so #ActNow)

erm, seems like I didn't make myself clear here. I already got both of them on black vinyl and I've ordered the colred ones too AND now I am uncertain if these are really the colored variants as there is no sticker on them. There's no sense to me to own two black copies for each release and if I open them I can't return them. Hence, my question...is there a sticker on them? THANKS!

erm, seems like I didn't make myself clear here. I already got both of them on black vinyl and I've ordered the colred ones too AND now I am uncertain if these are really the colored variants as there is no sticker on them. There's no sense to me to own two black copies for each release and if I open them I can't return them. Hence, my question...is there a sticker on them? THANKS!

Where did you order from? They'll probably accept returns. If you specifically ordered the colored ones, you'll get the colored ones. If they're black, ask for a return because the product wasn't as described.

You did make yourself clear. The fact that you flip multiple records on discogs (MM are among them) makes it all too obvious that your copies of the colored variants will show up there for insane prices in a couple weeks and that's why you are keeping them sealed. This is not the place you should be looking for help.

I got the colored versions of both BN and I8 today..at least I think so. Can anybody tell me if there's supposed to be a sticker on the record that says so? Last time (LCW..) there was a sticker and I don't want to open them up as I already have them on black vinyl...THANKS!!!

I've found what works best is to shake them really hard side to side. You can identify the colors by the sound the dust inside the sleeve makes rubbing against it. Give that a try.

So a friend of mine has one of those 2.5k record cleaning machines and he was kind enough to take care of both of my Interstate and Building Nothing after telling him about how disappointed I was with both of them. Long story short, it's gone. The static, the pops and cracks, the sheer noise, everything. Both records are dead silent and they sound stellar.

So I'd say there's no major pressing error going on with these reissues, they're both just horribly dirty and need professional cleaning.

Anyways, I am happy now. And someone gimme 2k for one of those beasts or point me in an equally satisfying but cheaper direction?

So a friend of mine has one of those 2.5k record cleaning machines and he was kind enough to take care of both of my Interstate and Building Nothing after telling him about how disappointed I was with both of them. Long story short, it's gone. The static, the pops and cracks, the sheer noise, everything. Both records are dead silent and they sound stellar.

So I'd say there's no major pressing error going on with these reissues, they're both just horribly dirty and need professional cleaning.

Anyways, I am happy now. And someone gimme 2k for one of those beasts or point me in an equally satisfying but cheaper direction?

https://www.kabusa.com/ev1.htm

$169 and I've heard very good things about it. The price difference is because you have to attach it to your current vacuum to it because it doesn't have the internal components, and it's manual.

And someone gimme 2k for one of those beasts or point me in an equally satisfying but cheaper direction?

I rebuilt an old VPI HW-17, and have been very pleased with it. That said, if I did it over again, I'd just buy an HW-16.5 ($650), since I use the multi-stage AIVS cleaning system that basically makes the applicator brush irrelevant (and cost of the used HW-17 plus parts came pretty close to $650 anyway).

If you go that route, I'd also recommend looking around online for fan installation modification instructions.

https://www.kabusa.com/ev1.htm

$169 and I've heard very good things about it. The price difference is because you have to attach it to your current vacuum to it because it doesn't have the internal components, and it's manual.

i just picked one up a couple weeks ago and can completely vouch for it...everyone should own one