PO: Modest Mouse - Building Nothing Out Of Something/Interstate 8-Live at Sunburst Montana

Link is dead. Just brings you to the elusive disc main page now. Hope I didn't miss these!

Womp womp

And then this happened:

Dear Elusive Disc customer,

We are writing to inform you for a notice for your pre-order item:

FPLP11444 - Modest Mouse "Building Nothing Out Of Something"

This item is temporarily off of our webstore per the band and label’s request. Due to an error on the label’s part, these items were announced too soon. The official announcement for these two albums will not be until on or around March 25, 2015. Both items are still to be released and are still to be released on or around April 21, 2015.

Learn to read.

Actually the thread title is correct. I missed the other post, but hey, at least we have you to police the internet for inocuous mistakes. Thanks for your service!

Hey, at least you learned to read 3 posts above yours.

Also, the title of the album is in fact Building Nothing Out of Something, not Building Something Out of Nothing, as the title suggests. Thanks for playing, though.

And again! Your service is duly noted. I hope you are well compensated for these historically informative efforts. Bravo!

Yes, again, learn to read. The discogs is correct, whereas the title of this thread is incorrect.

I'm not trying to correct you that you have the title of the album incorrect, but that the title of this thread is incorrect, which if you read your own posts, you are asserting.

Hey, at least you learned to read 3 posts above yours.

Also, the title of the album is in fact Building Nothing Out of Something, not Building Something Out of Nothing, as the title suggests. Thanks for playing, though.

Yes, again, learn to read. The discogs is correct, whereas the title of this thread is incorrect.

Oooo. And you edit well. Keep 'em coming. At some point you'll satisfy that incredibly fragile ego with more inane projections into this great sea of anonymity. Oh, bless your little heart.

I'm not trying to correct you that you have the title of the album incorrect, but that the title of this thread is incorrect, which if you read your own posts, you are asserting.

I guess you won't be accused of being boring. Feisty maybe.

I guess stating the obvious will be helpful here: Sometimes people make mistakes (yes, even here on your precious internet). Insults are not necessary.

I guess you won't be accused of being boring. Feisty maybe.

I guess stating the obvious will be helpful here: Sometimes people make mistakes (yes, even here on your precious internet). Insults are not necessary.

I don't know why you're still trying to continue the argument.

I don't know why you're still trying to continue the argument.

I didn't even mean for people to argue.. Just for the thread to be named correctly.

I know, I know. I was just having a little fun with my new friend. On to the business at hand! I was so happy to discover that these albums are being reissued. Both Lonsome Crowded and Long Drive were such welcome additions to my collection. Glad their doing more. Now if they would only reissue Everywhere and his Nasty Parlour Tricks on wax...

Yeah...but again, one wonders if this will also get pressed in the US through Glacial Pace.  The other thread for Building Nothing Out Of Something and Lonesome 8 showed a pre-order from another vendor that got taken down because Modest Mouse said they couldn't until the 26th of this month (if memory stands correct).  Maybe this will get a US pressing on clear vinyl as well?

But I still bought a copy...cause I'm a sucker!

Yeah...but again, one wonders if this will also get pressed in the US through Glacial Pace. The other thread for Building Nothing Out Of Something and Lonesome 8 showed a pre-order from another vendor that got taken down because Modest Mouse said they couldn't until the 26th of this month (if memory stands correct). Maybe this will get a US pressing on clear vinyl as well?

But I still bought a copy...cause I'm a sucker!

I get where you're coming from, but did Long Drive or LCW have a small run pressed through New On Vinyl? I imagine that if Glacial repressed copies as well, they'd probably be on black vinyl and sold for dirt cheap. (Which is definitely a good thing.)

That being said, I was < 24 hours away from ordering a copy of this. The additional shipping cost isn't ideal, but considering it's on clear vinyl, limited to 500, and being sold in Euros (which are lower in value than usual), this seemed like a no-brainer for someone who doesn't have a copy. I think I spent $9-12 more than I would have if I went for a standard copy through Amazon. I think I can live with that. I've been very happy with the few NOV purchases I've made, too.

It looks like the New on Vinyl preorder has completely sold out.  I'm glad I jumped on this when I did because I don't know that a US preorder will ever be available.  Considering this is a limited 2xLP from Music on Vinyl and I'm having it shipped from overseas, I actually think it was a decent deal.  I'm pretty sure the Newbury releases cost more than this after shipping.  Plus, I don't own a single MOV release that doesn't sound great.  It's showing up on their website with all the same details...

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/modest-mouse/moon-antarctica#.VQjv2Y7F-So

I find it hard to believe MOV will not release a standard version along with this.

I'd bet someone else lists this for sale as well. It is not like New On Vinyl has the exclusive rights to sell 500 copies.  They probably just maxed out their quota.  Other companies will list this....or New on Vinyl just jumped the gun like the other company and pulled the listing once they realized it wasn't allowed to be listed. 

I'm on the MOV mailing list and I don't believe they even announced it yet.

I'd bet someone else lists this for sale as well. It is not like New On Vinyl has the exclusive rights to sell 500 copies.  They probably just maxed out their quota.  Other companies will list this....or New on Vinyl just jumped the gun like the other company and pulled the listing once they realized it wasn't allowed to be listed. 

I'm on the MOV mailing list and I don't believe they even announced it yet.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're right.  I'd expect to see it pop up on other websites overseas.  I was just stating that it might not show up in the US anywhere.  With it being so limited and MOV based in the Netherlands, it might not show up at any stores here.