Hail to the Theif Captiol vs. Parlaphone

I bought mine from the seller REFLEX, and they confirmed the HTTT they have is on Parlaphone.

Amazon UK seller?

Edit: Nvm. Found him.  Kind of shocked that shipping is only 3.99.   I'm thinking I'll probably place an order.   What are people's experiences with ordering vinyl overseas from an Amazon seller?

Amazon UK seller?

Edit: Nvm. Found him. Kind of shocked that shipping is only 3.99. I'm thinking I'll probably place an order. What are people's experiences with ordering vinyl overseas from an Amazon seller?

I've had pretty good luck ordering from the UK, most recently the Propellerheads from Rarewaves Imports. Shipping was also only $3.99 but that didn't include tracking.

It does not matter if it is parlophone or not with Kid A, Amnesiac, or HTTT.Those pressings you're looking for are long gone. If you're buying a new copy, there is a 0% chance of snagging what you're looking for. How many times do I have to say this? 5? 6 times? OK Computer is the only one. That's it. Everything else has been the same crap for the last five years.

Yes I'm mad haha.

It does not matter if it is parlophone or not with Kid A, Amnesiac, or HTTT.Those pressings you're looking for are long gone. If you're buying a new copy, there is a 0% chance of snagging what you're looking for. How many times do I have to say this? 5? 6 times? OK Computer is the only one. That's it. Everything else has been the same crap for the last five years.

Yes I'm mad haha.

So the HTTT being sold in Europe right now (for example from that REFLEX seller) that has a Parlaphone sticker on it is the EXACT same pressing as the From the Vaults being sold in the US?

Damn, this thread turned out longer than I thought when I originally set out reading it.  :lol:

I ordered near mint copies of Parlophone Kid A and Amnesic a few years back, and finally got to listen to them for the first time recently (Kid A last night). That's because I wasn't able to hook up a turntable until recently (hence my new member status). I can't compare them to Capitol pressings but I'm glad to have done the research back then. I also have the OK Computer Parlophone pressing, still sealed. 

HTTT took a long time to grow on me. I bought the CD on release day in 2003, but don't own the vinyl. It's only in the last year or two that I started listening to it. Glad to hear the difference isn't as great as with the other 3 releases, though I'd still like to pick up the Parlophone pressing some day.

So do these "new" Parlophones compare to the US Capitol "Vault" presses (AKA bad) or the original Parlophones (AKA good)? That's the million dollar question.

It does seem a bit silly that people are trying to order "cheap" copies of the overseas version, not knowing if it's remotely different from the copies they can pick up for under $20 in America.

So do these "new" Parlophones compare to the US Capitol "Vault" presses (AKA bad) or the original Parlophones (AKA good)? That's the million dollar question.

It does seem a bit silly that people are trying to order "cheap" copies of the overseas version, not knowing if it's remotely different from the copies they can pick up for under $20 in America.

Thank you.

I mean, it is indeed the million dollar question.  But either way, HTTT Capitols go for $25ish (sitting at 26.99 right now on Amazon) so the risk is more like a dollar or two + shipping (which just depends on the seller obviously). 

Hopefully Fozzy can report back to us on the sound quality of the (Parlaphone) copy he just purchased.

• 2 months later...

Just received my last record from the Amazon B2G1 sale...RH - The Bends. Capitol jacket, Parlaphone record!

Again for the millionth time, only OK Computer still uses the original plates. It may be Parlophone but it isn't the same as the originals. Sorry to burst your bubble.

The Bends never had any problems as far as I'm aware so your copy probably still sounds fine.

• 7 months later...

I just got a Parlophone copy of HTTT. It's got the deadwax info listed on Discogs for the original EU/UK press ("le chien", "le loup" hand etched, etc), but the cover has the black sticker with the band name & title on it. I think I have an original pressing, but this cover sticker business has me wondering. Any thoughts?

I just got a Parlophone copy of HTTT. It's got the deadwax info listed on Discogs for the original EU/UK press ("le chien", "le loup" hand etched, etc), but the cover has the black sticker with the band name & title on it. I think I have an original pressing, but this cover sticker business has me wondering. Any thoughts?

I thought all of them had the sticker. If not, then the original parlophones definitely do. I have an og as well, and it has a sticker. You'll know for sure though if the jacket has the parlophone logo on the spine... Unless it got worn off a bit like mine.

I thought all of them had the sticker. If not, then the original parlophones definitely do. I have an og as well, and it has a sticker. You'll know for sure though if the jacket has the parlophone logo on the spine... Unless it got worn off a bit like mine.

Mine is original and came sealed without the sticker.

Mine is original and came sealed without the sticker.

Interesting. Well by a quick 5 minute Google inquiry I couldn't find anything about it, only things like the "from the vaults" capital sticker (which should be obv it's not a parlo press) but I'll look into it more.

Did you buy yours new from someone or when they originally went on sale in the UK? (Also I'm assuming yours has the parlophone logo on the spine)

Interesting. Well by a quick 5 minute Google inquiry I couldn't find anything about it, only things like the "from the vaults" capital sticker (which should be obv it's not a parlo press) but I'll look into it more.

Did you buy yours new from someone or when they originally went on sale in the UK? (Also I'm assuming yours has the parlophone logo on the spine)

Yep it's a Le Chien copy. It's the only one I've seen without the sticker, might have just been a plant mistake.