Fallout Discussion: “76”

I tried venturing towards the middle of the map and was so overwhelmed I needed to call it a night.

I've been skirting the outside so far...and I've been running into legendary deathclaws all over the place. I've taken out 2 so far (thanks fat-man and missile launcher) and the other wrecked me so I avoided him after that first encounter.

Oh, that makes sense, actually.

Now if I could only figure out the power issue. It's really pissing me off because I still haven't given up on my "looking things up for help" embargo.

Depending on what you're trying to do you're going to need certain types of pylons, conduits, and switches. I'd just look it up. The lack of a proper tutorial system is definitely a huge oversight on Bethesda's part.

Shit, this game doesn't even tell you what VATS is or how to use it.

Yeah, it took me forever to figure out how to power my house. I built the generator and put on a switch, but it still didnt work. Turns out I needed a pylon to connect the generator wire to the switch. Of course there is no mention of this anywhere in the game.

What I think fallout does great is all the small hidden stories. The random dead bodies and the poses they are in, what they were doing before the bombs fell. I found one guy in the sewer holed up with some weapons but as a skeleton. Found another guy that locked himself in a room and he turned into a ghoul. It is the little things like this that really add to the overall feel.

As far as the complaint about the premade backstory in fallout 4, you also had one in F3. You were fulfilling your dads wishes to build a water purifier after he goes missing.

Anyone find Dr.Goodfeels yet? Funniest thing ive seen yet.

Found him!

(still haven't bothered going to Diamond City yet...)

yeah I'm always on the lookout for those. Only thing I've seen that has fiber glass. Plus they're adorable.

Turns out pack of cigarettes break down into fiberglass too. :)

Did some pretty great quests today.

I know I'm pretty far behind everyone (level 14) but is anyone still traveling with Strong? This guy is such a little bitch and dislikes everything I do. I picked a lock to get into a room with supplies, strong disliked that. I killed a mirelurk by sneaking up on it, strong disliked that. I asked a guy about his MISSING FUCKING KID, strong disliked that. I need to get rid of him and get my dog back, Jesus.

I know I'm pretty far behind everyone (level 14) but is anyone still traveling with Strong? This guy is such a little bitch and dislikes everything I do. I picked a lock to get into a room with supplies, strong disliked that. I killed a mirelurk by sneaking up on it, strong disliked that. I asked a guy about his MISSING FUCKING KID, strong disliked that. I need to get rid of him and get my dog back, Jesus.

I haven't ever even changed from the dog. Love that little shit, and he has no opinions about anything.

I think I'm level 42 now. I also just counted and I have 8 full sets of power armor and enough parts to make 3 or 4 more if I cared lol. Some Tony Stark shit. There's not enough room in the red rocket for them all so they are all just standing out front of it like some fucking terracotta warrior shit.

I think I'm level 42 now. I also just counted and I have 8 full sets of power armor and enough parts to make 3 or 4 more if I cared lol. Some Tony Stark shit. There's not enough room in the red rocket for them all so they are all just standing out front of it like some fucking terracotta warrior shit.

If I didn't have to wait two days after the game came out, take turns with my brother, and go to school...

...I still probably wouldn't have a level that high. Respect.

I think I'm at 16 and have 3 sets now :) Power armor for daysssss.

Pretty sure I'm at level 19 or 20. Anyone know what the level cap is? Google is just giving me dumb rumor results from August. Anyways I opened up trade routes between a few settlements which is going to make managing resources a lot easier.

I considered building at the drive-in but it's a barren shithole. Sunshine Tidings Co-op is a great little peice of land though, gonna start a second larger community there.

I haven't ever even changed from the dog. Love that little shit, and he has no opinions about anything.

I like that strong can pick up weapons, for a while he was rolling with a minigun and fucking a good amount of shit up. Kind of evens itself out when everytime I grab stuff off of someone he says some dumb shit like "dead humans no need anything. we take everything!"

Yeah, I'm gonna go get the dog back any day now.

Pretty sure I'm at level 19 or 20. Anyone know what the level cap is? Google is just giving me dumb rumor results from August. Anyways I opened up trade routes between a few settlements which is going to make managing resources a lot easier.

I considered building at the drive-in but it's a barren shithole. Sunshine Tidings Co-op is a great little peice of land though, gonna start a second larger community there.

There's no level cap. I just found out too.

at some point im going to need to dump a few hours into really building a settlement, but right now theres just so much other shit id rather do

Very true. Im not gonna lie i probably wont even build one. The wastelans is too big for me spend time on that. Let the old lady do it. Get off youe chair and get to it. And the Chinese guy also. Hes alwaya saying hes gonna start pulling his weight around or some shit like that. Let them mofos build beds. Fuck them