Fallout Discussion: “76”

I honestly think that add on where you can cage animals and have them fight should be a free patch. Not cost 5 bucks. Just me though

Yeah it's pretty lame. New Vegas had a fight ring similar to what they are describing that came with the game. I'm hoping it adds a lot of customization options for settlements. Maybe even betting and gambling on the fights. They really missed their chance with the robot race track. Could have been a whole mini game type deal with betting and such.

Im sure some people like customizing the settlements but i could care less about it. If it doesnt have to do with a mission i put zero time into it. Fallout shouldnt be sim city or age of empires.

Same. I like it and all, but I would really prefer a storyline instead of just more customization. I barely spent any time at all customizing settlements.

About 100+ hours into fallout... gotta say, I dont love it like I want to.

Something about it just doesnt feel the same as 3 and new vegas. I think it maybe just feels empty? Not enough random encounter missions, everywhere just seems to be filled with badies.

Also the factions kinda all suck. 

I dont know, game play is much improved, but it seems to be lacking something I cant quite figure out.

Dont get me wrong, I like the game, just seems void of something.

DLC looks cool, not sure if ill get the pass or not, but Ill buy them eventually.

The building and mod stuff didn't interest me much overall.  It's a neat idea, but I didn't want to spend my time doing it.  I'm here to explore wastelands, not play minecraft.

I felt the EXACT same way, but honestly the game got pretty boring. There is nothing to do once you beat the game.

Like no side missions in this game, and the only ones that exist are the ones that each faction gives you. 

So I started building stuff like crazy too. I have a nice little set up haha. 

About 100+ hours into fallout... gotta say, I dont love it like I want to.

Something about it just doesnt feel the same as 3 and new vegas. I think it maybe just feels empty? Not enough random encounter missions, everywhere just seems to be filled with badies.

Also the factions kinda all suck. 

I dont know, game play is much improved, but it seems to be lacking something I cant quite figure out.

Dont get me wrong, I like the game, just seems void of something.

DLC looks cool, not sure if ill get the pass or not, but Ill buy them eventually.

I didn't get what was missing til I read this article. http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/12/fallout-4-is-not-the-fallout-fans-fell-in-love-with/

I also don't like it that you can build fucking insane high tech guns and power armor but you can only build a little sheet metal lean-to to live in and all the furnishings are busted as shit.

Strongly agree. I can't wait for mods to come. There are some pretty insane ones that allow you to build really high tech, clean looking houses. I can't wait. Hopefully it comes out before I completely tire of the game.

Yep, thats pretty bang on. 

That quote is the best description I've heard;

"Fallout 4 is a good game, it just isn't a good fallout game"

Kinda heartbreaking considering how long Ive been waiting for this game, but that review is absolutely correct.

I want to go into a random building and have a choice how to interact with its inhabitants.

That's a choice you seldom get in fallout 4. Everywhere you go is just combat, combat combat. 

Even weapons. I used to scour the wasteland in fallout 3 and new vegas looking for a rare and unique weapon.

In fallout 4 you just find guns with these little bonuses, which is cool in its way, but can be overwhelming. 

I could go on. In many ways the mechanics have been improved. The environment is incredible,

but its missing the heart of a true fallout game. 

Ive lost all interest in this game. I'm ready to see what the next Fallout is and hopefully its Obsidian that does it. I think it would be good to get Fallout on a release cycle with other studios. I think Bethesda has fallen into the George Lucas effect right now.

Bethesda fell way short with Fallout 4 imo...not to say it was a bad game. World design and characters were pretty neat. Otherwise it fell flat mostly mechanically, exploration wise, and in terms of optimization/performance (ie. Locking framerate to physics is just amateur). The engine they supposedly "upgraded" needs to be chucked out the window.

Also the DLC plan and season pass thing is inane. 

>"Hey, preorder our season pass. We arent going to tell you anything about the content but itll be worth X amount of dollars for X amount of dollars."

>People get suckered.

>"Hey, sorry were going to raise the price last minute for those that havent been suckered yet after announcing two small DLCs that could be mods and one bigger DLC that we wont tell you much about. We'll also throw in an ambiguous phrasing about more DLC plans that we wont talk about. But dont worry if you havent gotten suckered yet you can still buy it for the original price but only if you BUY NOW and ACT FAST for these DLC plus an implication of actual value for the money youre spending. Or you can buy it all desperately for $40 because were just trying to make that season pass look more valuable but I mean its even MORE of a value because were going to subjectively put together $20 more worth of DLCs.

Ps. Sign up for our early DLC beta because our shit is glitchy."

I wish there was less focus on modding everything and more just finding cool shit in the wasteland daftyler kind of alluded to. I loved in 3 and NV wandering the wasteland to stumble into some battle and realizing the guy was caring some insane armor or unique gun for no reason.

Getting shitty raider guns and armor is getting old and every single power armor i find (which i have like 6 at my settlement now) is just POS. If i battle some crazy legendary enemy and all his minions who was guarding a power armor the least they could do is make it one that doesnt neeed completely overhauled.

I only used the power armor the one time at the beginning.  Figured it would be more fun to play without it.

I just like to collect it, i have about 25 power armor shells at my base and just put the actual armor in a chest.

I only use it if im going to the glowing sea or need to carry lots of stuff.

I just like to collect it, i have about 25 power armor shells at my base and just put the actual armor in a chest.

I only use it if im going to the glowing sea or need to carry lots of stuff.

My base at the red rocket is some terracotta warrior type shit. I have so much power armor. I have my pickpocket perk leveled all the way up so when I come across BOS fools in the wasteland I pickpocket their fusion cores. They just exit their power armor and keep on walking down the road like nothing happened.

tl;dr I have a shit ton of BOS T-60 power armor and fusion cores for days.