DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Im so mixed on this. I feel like it's the mix and production that's killing my interests. It's not spacey and open like KNY or WP. Go listen to Tempest or something else of KNY and tell me there isn't a huge difference in quality or audible depth. Could be the stream but P/T is like that for me in HQ.

Song is stuck in my head so I quite like the hook but it doesn't go anywhere nor is it out of the box except for the "castles will burn" part. I'll try again later and see how I feel. They kept claiming how great it was being able to have time for song structure and so far it's been severely lacking.

Yep, pretty much in agreement with ever you stated, Val. While it may be attributed to the stream quality (and I'm sure it at least partially is), neither of these songs have had the dynamic range that a band such as Deftones should have. Also worries me that the review you posted yesterday called this a standout track.

I am officially glad i didn't get the black 2lp, and I have lost all interest in this album. I feel like the vocals don't work well at all with the music in this new song. Almost like they were recorded with a different song and just swapped them but still said "that works somewhat, go with that."

I dig the track, but I had a VERY HIGH expectation for these singles. I was just prepared to be blown away and while the songs are good, I'm not really impressed. I expected way too much. I'm still excited for the album, but a lot less than I first was when we were getting small teasers of "Prayers/Triangles".