DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

On 2/28/2016 at 1:29 PM, jhulud said:

The two FL dates in thinking of hitting (Pompano and Orlando) both seem to be GA anyways. There will be a pre-sale for Orlando for Citi members but none for Pompano. Odd. But since they're both GA, then I'm OK.

Presale also requires a some kind of membership. I guess if I was to get a hold of the code they won't try and verify the membership? Not sure how that works.

Yep. Fuck Rock On The Range. I'm not paying those ridiculous prices for tickets OR beer.

I may just go to campus, sit in my friends backyard by the tracks and listen from there.

It's pretty terrible, but if ATDI is also on that Sunday, a cheap scalped ticket for Deftones, ATDI, the Sword and RHCP doesn't sound like a terrible day. Probably our only chance to see ATDI this summer in OH.

Is anybody going to Carolina Rebellion? The setlist is so black in white in terms of shit/non shit that I just don't know what to do. There's some stuff I really want to see, and there's some stuff that would be fun, but then the rest is just like, an abomination. 

I bet the crowd is going to be so rowdy and trashy too, I almost want to go just for the atmosphere, but I gotta convince at least one of my friends to go with me. 

And on a different note: thoughts on Koi No Yokan? I return to the album a lot because it's a pretty strong listen front to back, and I always go into it hoping I'm going to like it more, but every time I listen to it feels like the weakest of their post Adrenaline material. The guitar tone is amazing (pretty cool in that article how hard Stef chases a perfect tone) but the second half of it drags really hard, and there's a pretty serious lack of Stef's usual god-tier riffs. 

After Gore I hope they either release Eros or put out an album that is really fucking heavy. I love the softer Deftones moments but Koi No Yokan is probably their softest full length overall and it definitely suffers for it. It's still a really great album but doesn't really touch any of their other big ones. 

I've always had similar thoughts on KNY. After Diamond Eyes' raw, punch you in the face style album, KNY felt way too polished. Releasing "Leathers" as the first song from that album really gave me a false sense of how KNY would turn out. Although I do still love individual tracks from KNY. It just doesn't have a complete album feel to me.