DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Yeah definitely no dice on the vinyl cover being black (I actually emailed them lol). Looks like maybe it was just with that deluxe edition with "The Boy's Republic" on it though that had a black cover.

25h3lzd.jpg

Didn't there end up being like 4-5 different colors of that cover relaxed between singles + different editions?

Didn't there end up being like 4-5 different colors of that cover relaxed between singles + different editions?

If you're referring to the original cd release, there was a black case, red case and standard case with silver booklet. Then there was the promo 2xlp that has the red cover and vinyl. Then later came the standard 2xlp press with silver cover and black vinyl (which I'm gonna assume is what's available on popmarket). Pretty sure there was a hot topic press on silver vinyl also but memory is foggy on that.

Oh, really? I was actually unaware of that! That's pretty odd that only random songs have leaked. I'll hold off until if and when there's a full album leak. I want to listen to it in its entirety.

Theyre really bad rips from vinyl. I highly suggest everyone to wait for HQ rips because the songs deserve them.

I can review what I've heard though.

Acid Hologram- Very ethereal. It sounds like "Smile" off eros mixed with Diamond Eyes.

Gore- Heaviest song theyve done in ages. I hate Chino's singing on this one personally. Sounds very much like Palm's.

Phantom Bride- HOLY FUCK. Please wait for a HQ. This thing is a gut puncher. Opens up with with this retro pulsing synth and then Its pretty much Deftones infused with the 80's and then Jerry comes in and rips this post-rock pink floyd style solo about half way. Very much sounds like the end of Deftones career here, it's so heavy and has this sad finality to it. Insane.

Sad to say those clips Chuck posted are no where to be found and those werent the solo.

Theyre really bad rips from vinyl. I highly suggest everyone to wait for HQ rips because the songs deserve them.

I can review what I've heard though.

Acid Hologram- Very ethereal. It sounds like "Smile" off eros mixed with Diamond Eyes.

Gore- Heaviest song theyve done in ages. I hate Chino's singing on this one personally. Sounds very much like Palm's.

Phantom Bride- HOLY FUCK. Please wait for a HQ. This thing is a gut puncher. Opens up with with this retro pulsing synth and then Its pretty much Deftones infused with the 80's and then Jerry comes in and rips this post-rock pink floyd style solo about half way. Very much sounds like the end of Deftones career here, it's so heavy and has this sad finality to it. Insane.

Sad to say those clips Chuck posted are no where to be found and those werent the solo.

Damn. I'm so stoked to hear Acid Hologram and Phantom Bride now.

That all sounds amazing. I'm very much looking forward to this.

Someone on Facebook shared the video of a leaked song and he received a message from a lady telling him to remove the video since it's illegal. Is sharing a video of a leaked song an illegal act?

EDIT: Did a little bit of research and apparently listening to a stream of it on a site like YouTube would be okay, but you personally duplicating it or uploading it would be illegal. Or "making it more accessible".