DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

I haven't listened to anything other than the Prayers/Triangles single yet, I figure I might as well wait another few days & just hear these songs for the first time when I put the records on my turntable.

Same here.  Listened to the single once.  There's plenty of other Deftones to tide me over until the LP shows up.

It's inflated. It's honestly a really bad rip. The guys said he ripped it from a vinyl copy but I'm pretty sure the guy used a crosely. Everyone needs to wait for the official release if you value quality.

Makes sense. I have no problem waiting – I'm a 320 guy myself and like everyone else has said, we've made it this far. Friday isn't too far off at all.

i listened to the leak (ive been listening to leaks for years - i see no point in stopping now). one listen through and my take is its a weird record and kind of all over the place. honestly reminds me of the saturday night wrist era of the band the most for some reason (not necessarily a bad thing, i like that record but i know some people dont). the title track and phantom bride are the standouts.

At first I was all 'don't tell me how to live my life I'll listen to the leak if I want' but the version I heard does kind of sounds like it was recorded with a toaster.  I agree this album is all over the place.  Not a whole lot stood out, some of the songs feel like they're just following some type of pattern.  Definitely keeping an open mind until I can listen to a HQ version though.

The quality is pretty bad. Only on the first. Really debating stopping it.

Edit: oh God no, stopping it. I guess since "Prayers/Triangles" has actually been released, it sounds decent, but "Acid Hologram" is just cringe. I can't do it.

Warned ya.

Hearts/Wires is on spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/4deSa7PlEJ9rd612KqUQcv