Nirvana Greatest Hits - coming soon

I just want to clarify for anyone else who is confused: There is no version of In Utero that is not a Steve Albini mix. The original LP and CD were mixed by Albini with some very light work done on All Apologies and Heart Shaped Box by Scott Lit. The untouched versions of those songs were included on the Super Deluxe Anniversary Edition as bonus tracks.

There was also a run of the Back to Black vinyl release in Europe that included the All Apologies and Heart Shaped Box untouched. Most things floating around the internet claiming to be the "Albini Mix" are just a rip of the European Back to Black vinyl.

There is no significantly different version of the In Utero except for the 2013 mix, which was also done by Steve Albini. He, Dave Grohl, and Krist Novoselic revisited the original tapes and swapped in some alternate takes, as well as remixed the album in an attempt to create something new for fans.

TL;DR - If you want all versions of In Utero, look no further than the Super Deluxe Anniversary Edition.

Am I the only one who thinks You Know You're Right sounds pieced together, which it was. And maybe do I only think that because I know it was? At some point I think I heard something that changed my mind about it a little but that could have been the whore version.

You're piquing my curiosity. Could you elaborate on that?

You're piquing my curiosity. Could you elaborate on that?

Which part? From what I know that song was mostly done but pieced together right? I love it but it sounds a little off to me, like a remix. The new Blur reminds me of it a lot in places. But I think there was a version that made me change my mind about it, I just dont remember exactly.

Was there a version in that horrible box somewhere? It's been a while since I heard any of that.

Okay it had been a while since I heard it so I forgot. I didnt think it sounded like a Nirvana song with those little harmonic like sounds and the way it starts but like I said, I heard other versions that had those in which changed my mind a little but it still sounds like the remix it most likely is, unless I miss understood and it was complete and just sitting somewhere for a long as time.

I just want to clarify for anyone else who is confused: There is no version of In Utero that is not a Steve Albini mix. The original LP and CD were mixed by Albini with some very light work done on All Apologies and Heart Shaped Box by Scott Lit. The untouched versions of those songs were included on the Super Deluxe Anniversary Edition as bonus tracks.

There was also a run of the Back to Black vinyl release in Europe that included the All Apologies and Heart Shaped Box untouched. Most things floating around the internet claiming to be the "Albini Mix" are just a rip of the European Back to Black vinyl.

There is no significantly different version of the In Utero except for the 2013 mix, which was also done by Steve Albini. He, Dave Grohl, and Krist Novoselic revisited the original tapes and swapped in some alternate takes, as well as remixed the album in an attempt to create something new for fans.

TL;DR - If you want all versions of In Utero, look no further than the Super Deluxe Anniversary Edition.

Glad someone here knows what they are talking about!

_________

I'm also uploading the FLAC version of the 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe for anyone that wants it.

[CD 1] - Original Album Remastered + B-Sides & Bonus Tracks

[CD 2] - Original Album 2013 Mix + Demos

Tracklist 1-1 Serve The Servants 3:37 1-2 Scentless Apprentice 3:48 1-3 Heart-Shaped Box 4:41 1-4 Rape Me 2:49 1-5 Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle 4:10 1-6 Dumb 2:31 1-7 Very Ape 1:55 1-8 Milk It 3:54 1-9 Pennyroyal Tea 3:38 1-10 Radio Friendly Unit Shifter 4:51 1-11 Tourette's 1:35 1-12 All Apologies 3:56 1-13 Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip 7:34 1-14 Marigold (B-Side) 2:34 1-15 Moist Vagina (2013 Mix) 3:33 1-16 Sappy (2013 Mix) 3:26 1-17 I Hate Myself And Want To Die (2013 Mix) 2:59 1-18 Pennyroyal Tea (Scott Litt Mix) 3:35 1-19 Heart Shaped Box (Original Steve Albini 1993 Mix) 4:41 1-20 All Apologies (Original Steve Albini 1993 Mix) 3:52 2-1 Serve The Servants (2013 Mix) 3:38 2-2 Scentless Apprentice (2013 Mix) 3:49 2-3 Heart Shaped Box (2013 Mix) 4:38 2-4 Rape Me (2013 Mix) 2:49 2-5 Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle (2013 Mix) 4:11 2-6 Dumb (2013 Mix) 2:32 2-7 Very Ape (2013 Mix) 1:57 2-8 Milk It (2013 Mix) 3:56 2-9 Pennyroyal Tea (2013 Mix) 3:32 2-10 Radio Friendly Unit Shifter (2013 Mix) 4:52 2-11 Tourette's (2013 Mix) 3:56 2-12 All Apologies (2013 Mix) 3:52 2-13 Scentless Apprentice (Demo) 4:32 2-14 Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle (Demo / Instrumental) 2:38 2-15 Dumb (Demo / Instrumental) 2:20 2-16 Very Ape (Demo / Instrumental) 3:31 2-17 Pennyroyal Tea (Demo / Instrumental) 2:39 2-18 Radio Friendly Unit Shifter (Demo / Instrumental) 2:14 2-19 Tourette's (Demo / Instrumental) 3:25 2-20 Marigold (Demo) 4:24 2-21 All Apologies (Demo) 2:04 2-22 Forgotten Tune (Demo / Instrumental) 5:34 2-23 Jam (Demo) 4:30

In Utero | Super Deluxe | FLAC | 24bit | 96kHz

[CD 1] - Original Album Remastered + B-Sides & Bonus Tracks

[CD 2] - Original Album 2013 Mix + Demos

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0itFJYFArNca05ENnZaQW9Yd0k/view?usp=sharing

My list of favorite VC users:

1. travis

2. Dave Grohl

3. bake

Currently uploading FLAC versions of Greatest Hits, and Muddy.

Here is the Back To Black vinyl FLAC rip of Unplugged (24bit | 96kHz):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0itFJYFArNcMk9MUjh4VWI4Vlk/view?usp=sharing

Once they are all uploaded I will make a new post of all the links to makes it easier.

Sorry to go back to the Teen Spirit issue, but I specifically recall the band hating that song. They even "performed" the song on a British TV show without even touching their instruments. It was just the studio version of the song playing through the PA system with the band pretending to play in a very sarcastic way. There was also another time where they played the opening riff at a show and then cut into a different song.

Sorry to go back to the Teen Spirit issue, but I specifically recall the band hating that song. They even "performed" the song on a British TV show without even touching their instruments. It was just the studio version of the song playing through the PA system with the band pretending to play in a very sarcastic way. There was also another time where they played the opening riff at a show and then cut into a different song.

I believe that was just because they were making fun of how Top of the Pops do things but they were probably also sick of it. 

I believe that was just because they were making fun of how Top of the Pops do things but they were probably also sick of it.

Yeah, it was because they were told they had to pretend to play their instruments so they fuck around. A bunch of bands have done that on that show.

By which I mean I know one other band has done it but I assume more have. I think it was Muse that had all the members switch instruments.