PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

I think it varies from time to time.  But currently?

Tertia  Waking Season > Four Trees > YATC > Hymn.  Maybe?

Hymn is stellar but it's tough to compare 3 original tracks to full lengths.

I would invert YATC and Four Trees (probably because of overlistening to Four Trees), but Brombie just doesn't get enough love. What a jam in the middle of a postrock album!

Phil asked me what did I want to hear at the opening show at Local 506 a couple years ago, when they played a massive set (a good bit of Tertia except for The Raven) following Junius, and I said "Brombie" knowing they probably hadn't practiced that one in 3 or 4 years and no way would play it that night.  His eyes twinkled a bit, and I saw on Setlists they played it a few times much later in the tour, maybe over in AUS?

Tertia has a real "Southwestern" feel to me in tracks like Ghost, Malacoda, and The Raven in those chord progressions. One of my all time faves.

edit: How they played the Trivium from YATC **500 times** before retiring it is why I could never do what they do.

Loft is so good, also needs more luv.

I would invert YATC and Four Trees (probably because of overlistening to Four Trees), but Brombie just doesn't get enough love. What a jam in the middle of a postrock album!

Phil asked me what did I want to hear at the opening show at Local 506 a couple years ago, when they played a massive set (a good bit of Tertia except for The Raven) following Junius, and I said "Brombie" knowing they probably hadn't practiced that one in 3 or 4 years and no way would play it that night.  His eyes twinkled a bit, and I saw on Setlists they played it a few times much later in the tour, maybe over in AUS?

Tertia has a real "Southwestern" feel to me in tracks like Ghost, Malacoda, and The Raven in those chord progressions. One of my all time faves.

edit: How they played the Trivium from YATC **500 times** before retiring it is why I could never do what they do.

Loft is so good, also needs more luv.

I was at that show at The Local 506! How was Junius? I missed them due to the snow storm in Charlotte.