PO: The Wonder Years - No Closer to Heaven

Just to butt in on this conversation (I don't know what's going on, think I'm going to have read through on this situation), but Banquet have put up a pre-order for an opaque blue press limited to 300 (sorry if this has already been posted!)

http://www.banquetrecords.com/noclosertoheaven

LA, then vegas, then santa ana. that was some shitty planning.

also weird how popular the observatory has become. i wish it had gained this kind of traction before i moved away.

no portland date = :(

I love how popular the observatory has gotten. Best venue in OC in my opinion. Don't have to go to Downtown Disney to the horrible house of blues anymore or trek all the way to LA or SD.

LA, then vegas, then santa ana. that was some shitty planning.

also weird how popular the observatory has become. i wish it had gained this kind of traction before i moved away.

no portland date = :(

Observatory's sort of picked up all that tours that would have gone to the Hollywood House Of Blues, which is closing. It's rad because it's tickets are cheaper than other venues and they're constantly improving the venue. 

Also they probably did LA/LV/OC to generate more draw in SoCal. Warped Tour style. 

I love how popular the observatory has gotten. Best venue in OC in my opinion. Don't have to go to Downtown Disney to the horrible house of blues anymore or trek all the way to LA or SD.

i would definitely love it too if i still lived there! chain will always be my true love, but i like the observatory as an "indie" alternative to the larger shitty venues (so, yeah, HOB anaheim basically)

i would definitely love it too if i still lived there! chain will always be my true love, but i like the observatory as an "indie" alternative to the larger shitty venues (so, yeah, HOB anaheim basically)

I've been to both chain and observatory at least 15 times each over the past two years and I'm really getting over chain. It's all young young teenage kids now and the lack of a bar sucks. Observatory is "all ages" too but at least there's multiple bars and a little more space for us "old dudes" (I'm only 28) who like to stand more towards the back now. Plus the sound quality at chain blows.

On a different note, just read the AP interview and I am so stoked for this album now. Dan always seems to be able to perfectly put very difficult and abstract thoughts into delicately crafted lyrics that at once cause you to think. It's like he's in my brain but I didn't even know what I was thinking or how to word it until I heard it.

I've been to both chain and observatory at least 15 times each over the past two years and I'm really getting over chain. It's all young young teenage kids now and the lack of a bar sucks. Observatory is "all ages" too but at least there's multiple bars and a little more space for us "old dudes" (I'm only 28) who like to stand more towards the back now. Plus the sound quality at chain blows.

i can see that. i'm 24 and i already hate going into pits these days. really loved stage diving and going fucking batshit at chain as a kid but yeah the sound quality was terrible. always loved the smaller crowd though. if i ever moved back i can definitely see myself preferring observatory long-term

i can see that. i'm 24 and i already hate going into pits these days. really loved stage diving and going fucking batshit at chain as a kid but yeah the sound quality was terrible. always loved the smaller crowd though. if i ever moved back i can definitely see myself preferring observatory long-term

I think they've made sound improvements at Chain. Went to all 3 nights of the Stick to Your Guns trilogy show thingy and it sounded great. You all are forgetting about the distant brother: Glasshouse.

I think they've made sound improvements at Chain. Went to all 3 nights of the Stick to Your Guns trilogy show thingy and it sounded great. You all are forgetting about the distant brother: Glasshouse.

Yeah but the Glasshouse often serves as the B Market venue. It's in Pomona, after all

what other shows have been announced?!

Knuckle Puck w/ Seaway, Sorority Noise, and Head North on the 8th and Have Mercy w/ Transit, Somos, and Microwave on the 18th. Both at Backbooth.

Plus I already have tickets to the Suicide Girls Burlesque Show on the 6th. My birthday month sure is gonna be a busy one..

Knuckle Puck w/ Seaway, Sorority Noise, and Head North on the 8th and Have Mercy w/ Transit, Somos, and Microwave on the 18th. Both at Backbooth.

Plus I already have tickets to the Suicide Girls Burlesque Show on the 6th. My birthday month sure is gonna be a busy one..

ah damnit. I need to save up some money.