(PO Now) Loma Prieta - Self Portrait (LP) / Love (EP)

how did the pedal come about? was it something you made for them and they reproduced for the album or did they make it for the album and just design it? 

cool to see them already sold out, the feedback button seems really handy for their style

Tre came to me because I did a Coliseum preorder pedal and talked to him about this before - I am making every one by hand, it's a modified version of a pedal I sell all the time

• 5 weeks later...

I was expecting a more accessible album than IV but if anything this album is weirder than it

I think I disagree. Yes, there is still some pretty chaotic stuff going on here, but there are also many melodic, catchy as fuck or even anthemic parts that even make me want to sing along with it. "Roadside Cross" or "Satellite" seem like old Loma have made a baby with a modern indie/emo group like Sport or Castevet (oh man, I want them back). While this melodic stuff was (pretty much) only to be found in "Fly By Night" as far as the I.V. album goes, this is a lot more widely used on Self Portrait. It's definitely a lot more accessible from the get-go than their older stuff, but I love it that way as it still has enough weirdness going on in other tracks.

I gave it a listen in my car today through Spotify, and I was also kinda on the fence. It just seemed a little samey, with one or two stand-out moments. Maybe it'll grow on me. My local record store gets all of Deathwish's stuff, so I won't sweat trying to get it if I decide I like it enough.

This album has been one of the first albums I have heard since the last Young Widows record that has fulfilled my itch for 90s guitar rock. Needless to say, I love this album. I'm really glad I got a clear.

Well, as a die hard Loma Prieta fan I must admitt that this is the easiest Loma's album to listen. Some melodies are bit chessy and I didn't liked it in the beginning. However overall I still dig this album and find it interesting. It has nice chaotic parts, is has traditional Loma's epic ending and blurry production. Not their best work up to day but still good enough. As for the vinyl colors I went for white as best artwork match.

• 5 weeks later...