Deafheaven - New Bermuda

So I got some answers from Kings Road Merch:

- The 'Black Deluxe 2xVinyls' on the EU and US websites are the same pressing and will be pressed in the EU (but I don't know if the catalogue number will be US or EU, what do you think?).

- The CDs on the EU and US websites are the same pressing, but they are not sure yet where it will be pressed. Also, it is a digipack.

:)

So I got some answers from Kings Road Merch:

- The 'Black Deluxe 2xVinyls' on the EU and US websites are the same pressing and will be pressed in the EU (but I don't know if the catalogue number will be US or EU, what do you think?).

- The CDs on the EU and US websites are the same pressing, but they are not sure yet where it will be pressed. Also, it is a digipack.

:)

They also pluralized vinyl improperly, wouldn't trust them one bit!

still bummed the EU colored copies don't come with the embossing. I think I might just wait for it to arrive and if it sounds fine, I'll just stick with it. There will probably still be black copies available by the time of release I guess, because black vinyl.

think of it as trading embossed cover for superior sound quality (180g I think?) cus the U.S. press is always shit through kings road

still bummed the EU colored copies don't come with the embossing. I think I might just wait for it to arrive and if it sounds fine, I'll just stick with it. There will probably still be black copies available by the time of release I guess, because black vinyl.

I think the deluxe embossed black /500 will be gone long before street date. There'll probably be a plain standard black copy going retail. That's how Anti treated most of their last releases.

think of it as trading embossed cover for superior sound quality (180g I think?) cus the U.S. press is always shit through kings road

if that's the case, I'm more than fine with that. But as stated a few pages back, the "black deluxe" /500 version of US and EU will be the same and they will be manufactured in Europe. Therefore, the sound should be no different to the colored versions (since it's the same pressing more or less), PLUS you get the cool sleeve.

34 bucks just seems like so much for a record, even if it is a new Deafheaven LP...

This. Definitely why I have not pulled the trigger yet. So I am slightly confused, if the deluxe black pressings are the same for EU and US, then would it be to safe to assume the colored pressings are the same for EU and US as well? Or maybe the deluxe is handled elsewhere kinda like Mastodon did with a few of their releases? Either way, seems odd the EU color pressings wont have the special cover treatment, considering they are the cooler colors and I was leaning that way.