PO Now: Sigur Ros "Takk" Repress

Weird....why'd you order from over seas though?

I popped into this thread a little late and ordered from the cheapest link listed in the OP. It came out to $28.82 USD.

Edit: Meant to say the ( ) thread, not this one. I still can't figure out what's cheapest for Takk... since Bull Moose took it down.

There's nothing better for skipping vinyl discs than flipping sides with buttery ass popcorn fingers. If you get the butter real deep into the grooves it'll never skip again. You can apply it directly to the stylus if you're advanced enough, but usually just rubbing your paws off on the disc directly works just fine.

There's nothing better for skipping vinyl discs than flipping sides with buttery ass popcorn fingers. If you get the butter real deep into the grooves it'll never skip again. You can apply it directly to the stylus if you're advanced enough, but usually just rubbing your paws off on the disc directly works just fine.

I prefer Nutella for record-patching, but to each his own.

Apparently they're already out there in the wild? Somebody (apparently in Iceland?) added the release to Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/Sigur-R%C3%B3s-Takk/release/7665804

Who would have thought that the first place an Icelandic band's vinyl reissue would show up...would be Iceland.

Oh. Wait. Everyone ever.

I have both an amazon.ca and a local store order in. I hope my local store gets it first, that way I don't have to worry about what god awful shape amazon.ca will send it (or if they will even have it). 

As Derek mentioned, I'm still in disbelief that I will be able to get this without forking over $200+. So pumped!

EDIT: Had a nice giggle at the discogs review given the fiasco in the ( ) thread. Here's hoping that guy/gal is way off. 

I have both an amazon.ca and a local store order in. I hope my local store gets it first, that way I don't have to worry about what god awful shape amazon.ca will send it (or if they will even have it). 

As Derek mentioned, I'm still in disbelief that I will be able to get this without forking over $200+. So pumped!

EDIT: Had a nice giggle at the discogs review given the fiasco in the ( ) thread. Here's hoping that guy/gal is way off. 

my local store did end up with  ( ) around the same time my amazon.ca shipped... that being said he let me know that he tried but was unable to get Takk into canada. 

I have it on order from .ca .com and a certain US retailer whom I believe will come through for me.  If I end up with a double i'll give you a shout.

my local store did end up with  ( ) around the same time my amazon.ca shipped... that being said he let me know that he tried but was unable to get Takk into canada. 

I have it on order from .ca .com and a certain US retailer whom I believe will come through for me.  If I end up with a double i'll give you a shout.

Thanks man! I ordered from Sonic Boom here in Toronto and they had 5+ copies of the limited ( ) version so I hope they can grab Takk. They took my pre-order for it so I assume they were able to secure copies. 

I don't mind paying $70 if it means it is coming in mint and I don't have to pay $200 for an OG or repress copy. 

I feel the same way about Moby's Play which is currently up at $70 on .ca