PO Now: Sigur Ros "Takk" Repress

What was the cheapest option to get this for Canadians? I tried directly from Sigur Ros' webstore but it comes to $92 CDN (with shipping), which is fucking bananas.

I would try your local indie shop. I put an order in through Amazon.ca but I'm not sure it will come through st 48.99 I think. Any way you cut it, it is going to be over $70 CDN. At least that's what my local estimated for this.

In case anyone is having the same issue as me. I emailed yesterday and this morning received the following response.

This should arrive soon.  We noticed that a lot of the Media Mail from that day's shipment did not get initially scanned. This mail class does not track as well as say, Priority Mail, so it's not totally surprising that it hasn't been updated yet.

Please let us know if this does not get updated by the end of next week, and we'll act accordingly.

Just curious....why is everybody so concerned with BullMoose?

Why not TurntableLab or any of the other stores that do online sales?

The obvious answer being I didn't order from TurntableLab/etc., so why should I care if they fulfill their orders?

I have zero level of "concern" with Bullmoose. I pre-order with them almost exclusively, and have nothing but excellent things to say about them and their customer service. :)

Right. My question was why is this board exclusive to BM?

Poor shipping from TTL would turn me off too.

Really only asking because we seem to ship a decent chunk more product to TTL....I know nothing about the physical store front of TTL or the various BM stores.

From my end, it just seems odd that there are multiple stores that sell online.....but all I ever see posted on here is "HOPE BULLMOOSE PULLS THROUGH ON THIS ONE!!! Lol"

Nothing against BullMoose. Just seems strange that nobody is thinking "man, everybody on here is ordering from BullMoose, maybe I should try somewhere everybody else isn't banking on..."

I think I partially addressed this previously. Their customer service is stellar, and as of yet, they have came through for me on every single pre-order. Dozens. Why mess with a good thing?

I have had equally pleasant experiences with Amoeba; however, I utilize Bullmoose for most of my pre-orders.  Plus - Bullmoose Points!!

BullMoose points? If they're real and count towards credit for new product, high-five......if these are the new "scene-points"/"punk-points", I'm going to laugh to myself (at you) and carry on with my day

Judging by the ( ) deal their Customer Service isn't perfect.....all they had to do was forward the email on how to get the LPs replaced and instead they told people they could return them for a refund?

Again, no issues with BullMoose. Just a weird little trend I've noticed on here that actually has me wondering what demographic is ordering from other places like SoundStageDirect, Amoeba, Acoustic Sounds, Zia, Turn Table Lab, ect

I personally enjoy Amoeba and SSD. That's probably because BM will not ship to my American address with a Canadian billing address. I also like Elusive Disc. But lately, Amazon and artist pages have been my go to. Usually the shipping is ok and I get great customer service.

BullMoose points? If they're real and count towards credit for new product, high-five......if these are the new "scene-points"/"punk-points", I'm going to laugh to myself (at you) and carry on with my day

Judging by the ( ) deal their Customer Service isn't perfect.....all they had to do was forward the email on how to get the LPs replaced and instead they told people they could return them for a refund?

Again, no issues with BullMoose. Just a weird little trend I've noticed on here that actually has me wondering what demographic is ordering from other places like SoundStageDirect, Amoeba, Acoustic Sounds, Zia, Turn Table Lab, ect

I would argue there is no trend. They have a high success rate with pre-orders (100% from personal experience), and that speaks volumes. Customer service rocks. Prices are friendly. Returns are painless as well. Is that not enough?

I have absolutely no clue what "scene-points"/"punk-points" are, and I'm the one laughing at you for suggesting such nonsense. ;)

I'm a bit perplexed how a vinyl enthusiast (don't you work at a distribution center, too?) can remain so clueless about who is arguably the leader (or one of) in online vinyl sales.

Right. My question was why is this board exclusive to BM?

Poor shipping from TTL would turn me off too.

Really only asking because we seem to ship a decent chunk more product to TTL....I know nothing about the physical store front of TTL or the various BM stores.

From my end, it just seems odd that there are multiple stores that sell online.....but all I ever see posted on here is "HOPE BULLMOOSE PULLS THROUGH ON THIS ONE!!! Lol"

Nothing against BullMoose. Just seems strange that nobody is thinking "man, everybody on here is ordering from BullMoose, maybe I should try somewhere everybody else isn't banking on..."

I have never been done dirty by Bull Moose. Hell, I even got the Vinyl Films boxset from them. Their prices are incredibly reasonable, they offer free shipping, and their customer service is rock solid. 

I'm a bit perplexed how a vinyl enthusiast (don't you work at a distribution center, too?) can remain so clueless about who is arguably the leader (or one of) in online vinyl sales.

He said that they ship more product to TTL. I think that the reason he was curious is because everyone is mentioning one store that gets a large allotment but not the other. I think that it is a fair question to have.